DX hub work with GX4816????

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions DX hub work with GX4816????

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jonproaudio Jonproaudio 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jonproaudio
    Jonproaudio
    Participant

With our Avantis can we plug in a GX4816 into our DX Hub?? We have 2x DX32 in the hub currently but need more I/O.

Thanks

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@Jonproaudio

The DX Hub has 1x GX/gigaACE port for connection to a console. This carries 128×128 channels at 96kHz.
    The hub then effectively breaks this out into 4x DX ports, each of which is 32×32 channels at 96kHz for connection to expanders.

The GX4816 also has a GX/gigaACE port for connection to the console, so no, it is not possible to connect this to a DX Hub.

However!
    The GX4816 is actually like an expander with a smaller DX Hub built-in, or maybe a DX Hub with analogue I/O added… You have onboard sockets, plus 2x DX ports.
    So you can lose the DX Hub from the setup, have one connection to the console to the GX4816, then connect each of your DX32’s to the DX ports.
    🙂

More info on GX and DX systems can be found here – https://www.allen-heath.com/media/DX-GX-System-Guide-ISS_5.pdf

Hope this helps.
    Keith.

Profile photo of Jonproaudio
    Jonproaudio
    Participant

Thank you Keith. This is amazing news!! Thank you for your knowledge!

I forgot we have a DX012 that we use for 3 AES outputs, to send signal to our amps. So that throws a wrench in using the GX4816 as the hub (sad face) sorry about that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.