Does SQ5 fit in QU16 bag

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Does SQ5 fit in QU16 bag

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ronnie
    Ronnie
    Participant

Does anyone know if SQ5 fit in a the official QU16 bag? or if there is a padded transport bag available for the SQ5?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hey @ronnie

I use the Qu-16 soft case/bag for my SQ-5 and it does just about fit.
    There are some differences in the shape of the two mixers, but the main difference in size is just with SQ’s LED light bar.
    As the light bar is a strong aluminium extrusion, I’m not concerned about it being slightly tighter there.
    None of the rotaries have pressure on them.
    The only thing I do before bagging up my SQ is to put all the faders to +10dB.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I never trusted a bag of any type for transport purposes, however I have a large Gator suitcase that accommodates both the SQ5 & my DX168 along with a glyph studio external HD. I have enough extra room in the case for padding and essential connective cords.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Ronnie
    Ronnie
    Participant

Thanks sounds like a good option. I wish there was an official sq5 bag seems like it would make sense as i expect most people choose the SQ5 due to the size and portability. Due to height hard cases end up adding unnecessary bulk.

Profile photo of Some1else
    Some1else
    Participant

I came from the Qu-16 to the SQ5 a few weeks ago. I have 4cm Soft Foam Strip on the bottom in the Qu-16 Bag. The SQ5 sits good and tight in the bag. As Keith already said, move all Faders near the -10db position and you are good to go.

Regards from Germany

Andy

Profile photo of Ronnie
    Ronnie
    Participant

Perfect sounds like the qu16 bag is a good route.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Organizing transportation details for all of your necessary gear for a gig is not a universal, one method meets all needs, protocol. When I contract for A/V services I have found the most reliable protection for all of my critical gear is with hard shell enclosures that offer better grips and much less worry about stacking damage. I travel with a Ford Expedition SUV & when needed a Trailer with a KV2 ES system for FOH. There is no way I could accept the risk of a soft bag to protect my SQ5 desk for this scale of gear transportation.
    Hugh

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.