dLive Mixpad not working with Dante

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting dLive Mixpad not working with Dante

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pops
    Pops
    Participant

At my church, we use a dLive S5000 with a DM48 (software V1.86) with the Dante Card inside.

I noticed months ago I wasn’t able to connect with the console as I have been in the past. I would get a connection error after selecting my console in the app. I thought maybe my iPad updated to a new version of the mixpad app or something but that was not the case. Because of Covid I didn’t revisit and troubleshoot this issue until recently. I was cleaning up some cable runs and unplugged the cat cable coming from the Dante port of the console surface (S5000) and the mix pad app showed up on my iPad. I thought to myself “no way”, so I plugged back in the cat cable from the dante port, and the mixpad app connected immediately…

I am using a wireless router as a switch for Dante, the Network port of the S5000, and the network port of our D&B amps. I didn’t think it would be an issue as Dante says it shouldn’t interfere with low traffic control devices on the same network. I did question using my wireless router which is probably 10 years old but it was working fine until recently. I have put Dante on its own network switch, so I am running fine now but just wanted to know if I’m the only one that has run into this.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Pops,

One thing to check is the position of the Control Network Bridge switch on your Dante card. If this is switched to On, it will link the dLive control network and the Dante network, and given you had the S5000 Network port already connected to the same router, it would create a loop and could explain why the app stopped working.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.