DJM 900 Booth Monitor Volume Control through A&E Q16 (Question)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions DJM 900 Booth Monitor Volume Control through A&E Q16 (Question)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of darmonty
    darmonty
    Participant

Hi,

I’m just preparing for a club night tomorrow with some DJs. We have a stage set up far from the mixing desk and are using a DSnake to send audio to the Qu16 and from there the L-R Main (CH 1-2) and Booth Monitor (CH3) feed into the amp room.

The DJM 900 that the DJ uses has it’s own booth volume controller that I’d ideally like to leave to them to control, however how would I set up the Qu16 to allow them to do this ? Would I need to put the Booth fader at Unity or separate it in a different mix/aux.

Sorry if this is a straightforward process, I’m really new to live sound for DJs still trying to work my way through it haha.

Thanks for any help 🙂

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

4 inputs to the QU16

2 with the main DJ mix
    2 with the booth out signal

route the booth out signal to the monitor sends only
    unassign them from the main mix in the QU16

Profile photo of darmonty
    darmonty
    Participant

Thanks for the response, is that the same if I am using a DSnake from the stage box into the mixer ? Is that the correct routing ?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the D-Snake has nothing to do with the mix-routing… it just provides inputs or outputs over a networked connection
    you can patch an input signal to a channel and a mix to an output port

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.