Demo Mode on iPad Pro Confusion

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting Demo Mode on iPad Pro Confusion

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nickpeper nickpeper 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nickpeper
    nickpeper
    Participant

So, I’m running CQ-MixPad on an M2 iPad Pro running iPadOS Version 16.6 I’m running the app in Demo mode since I don’t have a CQ mixer yet.

When I’m on the Processing Screen, there is a one to one ratio when moving a selected channel fader up or down to the level displayed on the extreme right hand side of the screen which has the same name of whatever fader it is that I’m moving.

However, when I go into the “Sends” screen and move that same channel fader up or down on the extreme left hand side of the “Send” box labeled “Channel Name To Main LR”, the corresponding fader at the bottom of the screen’s value doesn’t change.

In other words, you can have two different values of a given channel fader displayed on the Processing screen depending on whether you have the Sends screen open or not.

I’m so confused and I’m very sorry if this turns out to be a stupid question. I’m thinking that the app is brand new and probably acts very differently once it’s connected to the CQ-12T hardware.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@nickpeper

I can confirm this is just in demo mode and not the case when connected to a CQ.
    When a change is made, it is sent to the unit and an update is sent out to all connected control ‘nodes’ (i.e. MixPad) to tell them the current state/value.
    In demo mode it’s not getting that update of course, only the local change.

There is a kind of dummy unit in the backend of demo mode, so I will log this as a bug however as it does seem a little strange!

Cheers,
    Keith

Profile photo of nickpeper
    nickpeper
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Thanks so much for responding to my confusion. As busy as you must be with this new release, this is quite a statement of your’s and Allen & Heath’s commitment to exceptional customer support.

All the best,

Nick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.