Define USB Stereo channels

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Define USB Stereo channels

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Smalldevel Smalldevel 3 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Smalldevel
    Smalldevel
    Participant

Hello,

is there any possibillity to change the standard USB Stereo channels for record? Of course i can patch the USB channel to any source, but is it always USB channel 1/2 in stereo record?

For me it will be perfect to assign always channel 1-24 for multitrack recordiung and define the stereo record tracks to 31/32 for example.

Sorry for my englis;-)

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Tino,

I make the assumption you are using an AR2412 stagebox (because you talk about 24channels):
    You could assign Tielines->Slink to USB 1-24.
    Then go to outputs->MixOut and assign MainLR (or any other stereo group) to USB 31/32.

This way you record the individual channels and the stereo sum of your mix. Is this what you are looking for?

cheers,
    André

Smalldevel
    Participant

Good Morning,

Thanks dir your answer. I dont use any Kind of stageboxes. I only Look for a possibility to define the USB stereo record Channels. In my opinion it‘s always the USB 1/2. But you Talk about 31/32?

For example: 1 Song i will record with 24 Tracks on USB for preproduction , next Song i want record only the LR Sum for a Demo. Now the SQ record in stereo Mode the USB 1/2 , but in this case the Kick IN / Kick OUT is routed to USB 1/2, so i have to change the routing everytime. If there is any possibility to define which Signal the stereo Channels record, i can always set the USB 31/32 to Main.

I Hope i couldt explain what i mean 🙈

Thanks Timo

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Timo,

No – USB channels 1&2 are ‘hardwired’ to SQ-Drive stereo record/playback. In the same way that USB channels 1-32 are ‘hardwired’ to SQ-Drive multitrack record/playback.

Using scene recalls with per-scene recall filters would allow you to change just the patching very quickly (you could even set a couple of Soft Keys for scene recalls) but if using SQ-Drive for different purposes you will need to adjust the patching to suit somehow.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Smalldevel
    Participant

Hey Keith,

than that is definetly a future suggestion 😉 So it would be more flexible during recordings.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.