DCA mute in auxes

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions DCA mute in auxes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark McFarlane Mark McFarlane 10 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of seedeeim
    seedeeim
    Participant

Is there a way to disable the DCA mute for auxes while still having it mute in FOH? The bands I use the GLD 80 for all use IEMs and I would like to keep their sends live while the house is muted for pre-show communication with both myself and the other band members as well as checking instruments etc. As I see it now, when I individually mute a channel or DCA mute a channel it mutes both the house LR mix as well as all the aux sends. I would like to keep those aux sends hot. I know for certain situations that is not desirable but in mine it is with IEMs. If that’s not possible, what would be a work around? Use some unity gain groups and mute them? I assume those would not mute aux sends. Thanks for any input!

Profile photo of dexter
    dexter
    Participant

Hi,

Probably the easiest workaround is to just bring the DCA faders down but not mute them. This will stop the channels coming out of FOH but they will still be sent to pre-fade auxes.

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

I have the same with one of my bands. I created two stereo groups (one for band, one for vocals) and took all channels off the main mix and assigned them to group Band or group Vocal.

When i dont want the band to be on foh, I mute both stereo groups.

Profile photo of johnfrusketti
    johnfrusketti
    Participant

If nothing should go to the main, why not just turn off the LR bus?
    Luca

Profile photo of Mark McFarlane
    Mark McFarlane
    Participant

You can assign a DCA group to the outputs you want to mute, rather than to the inputs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.