Dante setup in Dlive

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Dante setup in Dlive

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bwatt
    Bwatt
    Participant

I have 2 dlive setups in the theater I run. This is probably a simple question, but I can’t find an answer in any of the threads. The CDM mixrack has a dante card in it. Both my primary and secondary are run there. Do I still need to have my surface (s5000) plugged into the dante network? The installation company that did the original install when the building was built 3 years ago connected the surface via the network port to the dante network. When I plug in my router to control the surface via ipad, I lose the whole dante network and have to re-address everything (amps, wireless, surface, etc) for the dante network. Please advise.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Which Dante card?

Do I still need to have my surface (s5000) plugged into the dante network?

Ha? That makes no sense at all.
    More information please…

When I plug in my router to control the surface via ipad, I lose the whole dante network and have to re-address everything (amps, wireless, surface, etc) for the dante network.

That has nothing to do with the desk, it’s your WiFi configuration that not matches to the needs.
    You need to rethink your setup!

Profile photo of Bwatt
    Bwatt
    Participant

a cat from the dante network is plugged into the network port on the back of the s5000. plugging in a router which i have configured to use an ip range that jives with the surface will completely throw the whole dante network into a tizzy. system doesn’t need to be redesigned. there is a dante card installed in the mixrack. will the surface still be able to access the dante network if it is only connected to the mixrack via gigace? i have a feeling the install company made a mistake by connecting the dante network into the network port on the back of the surface. trying to verfy if that is correct or completely off.

Profile photo of Bwatt
    Bwatt
    Participant

basically can i unplug the dante line from the surface to make the system happy or will it no longer have access to the dante network? when the router is plugged in dante controller says a non dante device is on the network.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

You left out some information. You said both surfaces are run “there”. Where is there? How is it connected? If there is no Dante card in the surface, then you should not plug the surface into the Dante card in the mixrack. There would be no reason to do this and would cause conflicts especially if bridge mode is enabled in Dante controller.

Long story short, he surface’s gigace ports should be plugged into the gigace ports on the mixrack. The network ports from the surfaces should be plugged into the network switch and depending on the configuration of the Dante card, the primary port should be plugged into the network switch.

Based on some of the issues you described, there may be some additional IP configuration that needs to be done to avoid IP conflicts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.