CTi1500 Fader Bank in Failed State

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting CTi1500 Fader Bank in Failed State

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jolea Soundmind
    Jolea Soundmind
    Participant

I recently purchased a fader bank of 12 for my CTi.

Part number is 004-1703-1X

I followed the install instructions and soldered the left side as indicated.

On start up the Surface says “Failed to connect to left motor faders”

At that point I was on firmware V1.97 and upgraded to V1.98 during this process. No luck.

I have gone back to the old fader bank and it connects and boots correctly.

Any input on this is much appreciated

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I haven’t replaced a fader bank on the DLive system, but I have on the Avantis. It sounds like there is a similar scenario where there is a solder pad that must be linked together depending on which side of the bank you are replacing (left or right). I would suggest that you look again at this solder pad and make sure the correct pads have been linked/soldered together and that the solder connection looks good. You might even make sure there is continuity across the two pads to ensure the connection is good.

That error code is similar to the code produced by the Avantis system when this process hasn’t been completed properly. I know from experience! 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.