CQ line deserve a digital insert point per channel

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions CQ line deserve a digital insert point per channel

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of willmodelisme willmodelisme 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

I have bee testing round trip latency with VST plugin and the results are just amazing.
    Using a mic in input one, routing to PC, VST host Kushview Element, applying Fabfilter Pro-Q3 (equaliser) and Pro-R (reverb), sending back the signal to the PC on input 2 set to digital,
    I ended up with 6 ms latency.
    If you add system latency given by the ASIO driver ( 1.67 in + 3.50 out) at 16 samples 96 Khz, I calculate 11 ms only.
    This is very good for USB audio interface and having tested all with headphone there is indeed no annoying audible latency.
    My PC is a mid range one, i5 12400k, moderne but the the most powerful processor.
    Not having to scarify a channel to use external VST plugin would be a huge update IMHO.
    Tks for reading.

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

Using a mic in input one, routing to PC, VST host Kushview Element, applying Fabfilter Pro-Q3 (equaliser) and Pro-R (reverb), sending back the signal to the PC on input 2 set to digital

Read:
    Using a mic in input one, routing to PC, VST host Kushview Element, applying Fabfilter Pro-Q3 (equaliser) and Pro-R (reverb), sending back the signal FROM the PC into input 2 set to digital

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.