CQ-18T and Linux (Mint 21, pulseaudio, jack)

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions CQ-18T and Linux (Mint 21, pulseaudio, jack)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RenZORenZO
    Participant

Hello,
    I am a Linux geek, but I don’t have a lot of experience with audio interfaces.
    I had a try with CQ-18T on Linux Mint 21.
    Basically, I would say everything is working !

Please find attached dmesg and lsusb, and the CQ18T in sound preferences.
    On the CQ-18T, CONFIG : Select an Input, Stereo Link, Input Source, choose USB rather than Analogue.

Then I can play any song on the computer and it goes to the CQ-18T.
    Also, adding the package pulseaudio-module-jack could help.
    It allows to use jack and still have sound from the computer while using Ardour for example.

When I start Ardour, I can choose Alsa (or jack) and the sound is working on each input.

Maybe linux users want to share more tips to use a CQ interface 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

About Mixpad 1.2.0, it works under wine 9.0 (and also 9.14).
    For information it didn’t work with wine 6.0.
    You will need to update to wine 9.x and wine64 (amd64) is required.
    Find attached my synaptic selection.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of BloodyCactusBloodyCactus
    Participant

why use mixpad when you can use mixing station natively. never mess with wine if you dont have too.
    use raysession to map your inputs and outputs! create virtual sinks for your mic if its not on input0 (so things like discord can see it because they only look at the very first input, stupid apps written using a browser instead of being real apps….), also create virtual sink to 18/19 then you can use that as your output easier.

Participant

I use Mixing Station too but I wanted to inform any curious user 🙂

Thanks for the tips, RaySession seems very nice !
    I already tried to deal with QjackCtl links but I am not confident.
    Could you post a screenshot of your raysession to help my understanding ?

Participant

I’m about to go live on twitch so it has my ardour + obs on it;

virtual source input0 and input1 to to “RemappedMic_Aux0” (and 1) for anything that only sees a single input (eg: discord) and sets default source, setup for 2 mic’s.
    pactl load-module module-remap-source master=alsa_input.usb-Allen_Heath_Ltd_CQ18T-00.pro-input-0 source_name=remappedmic0 source_properties="device.description='RemappedMic_Aux0'" remix=no master_channel_map=aux0 channel_map=aux0 channels=1
    pactl load-module module-remap-source master=alsa_input.usb-Allen_Heath_Ltd_CQ18T-00.pro-input-0 source_name=remappedmic1 source_properties="device.description='RemappedMic_Aux1'" remix=no master_channel_map=aux1 channel_map=aux0 channels=1

create a virtual sink of 18+19 as a single stereo output

pactl load-module module-remap-sink master=alsa_output.usb-Allen_Heath_Ltd_CQ18T-00.pro-output-0 sink_name=cq18t_usb_out sink_properties="device.description='CQ18T_USB_Out'" remix=no master_channel_map=aux18,aux19 channel_map=aux0,aux1 channels=2 rate=96000

sometimes I have to manually connect this output to the 18/19 in raysession because it looses connection (i turn off and on the cq18 when i go to bed since there is no screensaver and i dont want it on the lcd to get any ghosting/burnin).

Participant

it wont let me attach image or link to image i get some spam garbage.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.