Connecting SQ5 (SLink) to ME-1s via Switch

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Connecting SQ5 (SLink) to ME-1s via Switch

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nudgy Nudgy 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Simon
    Simon
    Participant

I’d like to connect our 5 ME-1s to an SQ5 via Slink.

I realise we can connect directly using an ethernet cable, daisy changing the ME-1s and using individual power supplies for each unit.

My (newbie) question: if we use a switch to provide power, do we connect the ME-1s individually to the switch or do we still daisy chain them together?

Also if anyone has any switch recommendations to do this it would be much appreciated.

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon
    Participant

Would this switch work?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

NO
    as mentioned already in the other thread

it has to be a 100MBit switch and you can’t daisy chain with POE

Profile photo of Nudgy
    Nudgy
    Participant

Little late to replay,

but yes, you can do it. I do it. Most switches can do it. BUT very very important. You need to make sure the switch is either 100 megabit (not gigabit). Fountunary a lot of switches allow you to configure each port. We have this This POE Switch and it works great! I was able to go into the configuration and turn the ports in 100 megabits (so the sq can recognize the MEs) and even create a vlan meaning only ports 1-5 can talk to each other and I can use ports 6-8 for anything else and they won’t interfere with each other because nothing else can be plugged into the same network or you will have clicking noises in the sound.

-Adam

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.