Change signal flow

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Change signal flow

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of samabenie
    samabenie
    Participant

A feature I think the A&H boards are lacking is the ability to change the signal flow between the different devices in the processing screen.

Here’s the scenario:

I have an SQ6 with all sorts of different mixes going to different places. Most of my mixes are dedicated to in-ear monitors. I also use some external FX via the insert.

I want the ability to change the order in which those different devices are applied. By devices I mean: Preamp, Gate, Compress, Insert, HPF, etc.

The order in which my channel flows through those devices listed above is always static. If I want to change the routing of my mixes to be placed before the insert, they have to be placed before any other devices like the gate. This results in the gate that I apply to reduce electronic noise being useless for my IEM mixes.

I was testing out the Behringer Wing and the new Avantis.

Unfortunately, the Behringer Wing ($3,599 MSRP) has the ability to change the order of the signal flow. Whereas the SQ line and the Avantis ($9,999 MSRP) does not.

Profile photo of samabenie
    samabenie
    Participant

I would strongly consider moving to the advantis over my SQ6 if the Advantis had this feature.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

You can change the PEQ/Comp order on dLive, Avantis, and GLD.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.