Cat5e cable

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Cat5e cable

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mrvoltz Mrvoltz 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #41377
    Profile photo of Davet112

    We are going to be installing a ME1 system at my church and will be running new cat cable to the stage pockets. Is regular UTP cat5e ok or do I need to use shielded (STP) cat5e? If STP cat5e is needed I would guess that would also apply to the cable that would go from the stage pocket to the ME1 mixer. I would like to get some of the more rugged and flexible cables to go from the mixer to the stage pocket but I’m not seeing a ton of options if shielding is needed.

    Profile photo of ahjeff

    Hi Davet112

    In most regions, for compliance with electromagnetic emissions regulations, you should use shielded cable. As a result, this is the only type of cable that we can recommend that you use.

    Hope this helps

    – Jeff, A&H

    Profile photo of Mrvoltz

    My main runs from FOH to stage are all Cat5e STP as recommended but I believe all our on stage cables are regular Cat5 patch cables that we had from our old Aviom system and we have no problems.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.