Buttons Not Working

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Buttons Not Working

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Colin Colin 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Colin
    Colin
    Participant

Hi
    I have taken over the SQ6 sound desk at our church and discovered that two of the buttons, i.e., FX below the touchscreen and Mix 2 on the right-hand side, don’t do anything when pressed.

I am logged in as Admin so there are no restrictions on functionality. I am able to use Mix 2 from the SQ Mix Pad App but the FX button is not accessible from that app.

Apparently, these two buttons stopped working about a year after the sound desk was purchased in 2017. My assumption is that there is a hardware or electrical fault.

The firmware version is 1.5.5.

But before I think about getting the sound desk assessed by technicians does anyone have any thoughts and tips about (a) other possible causes or (b) possible solutions and (c) what usually needs to be fixed in with this sort of issue, i.e. just replace the buttons or does it require electronics to be fixed or replaced? I am wanting to figure out what the size and type of repair might be.

Kind Regards
    Colin

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

For the sake of testing see if those functions work when using the iPad APP to control the mixer.

Profile photo of Colin
    Colin
    Participant

Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply.

I have tested using the SQ Mix Pad app on my Microsoft Windows device. The Mix 2 button works but the FX button (that is below the touchscreen on the Sound Desk), is not displayed in that app. I don’t have an iPad to test with.

However, I spoke with our local service agent in Brisbane today and they say that this is a common issue with the SQ6 related to the buttons getting some grime under them that stops them from working. The recommended repair is that they replace all the buttons and the underlying pad below them so that the repair of the buttons that are known to be not working helps to prevent the same issue occurring for other buttons as well. Especially since we have now had our SQ6 for five years now.

Kind Regards
    Colin Maitland

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.