Avantis Solo smaller footprint

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Avantis Solo smaller footprint

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I have been asking for a SQ5 sized controller for my DX32 loaded with primes. The Avantis Solo footprint and weight are far greater than my SQ5 and while the decreased number of faders and internal I/Os are absolutely movement in the right direction: the bottom line is most of it’s advanced features and increased capacity I do not need. After a long discussion with my A&H dealer it has become abundantly clear that today premium sonic quality is not as important as operational features and to that end the extravagant 8k to 14K DX32 package will probably be the only option within the for seeable future to deploy A&H’s outstanding Prime pres. According to my dealer and old pal, that is a lot closer to today’s buying trends than I ever will be, it is highly unlikely primes will ever be offered as internal I/Os in their consoles for marketing, not design reasons.

Given these realities I am more than satisfied with my SQ5 that delivers most everything I need. I can live with deploying the primes in my A/V studio and the DX168 for live road gigs. Also, unlike the Avantis Solo, The SQ5 and my DX168 both fit in a Gator suitcase with their protective padding. Somehow or other transport safety is always a premium concern.
    Hugh

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

TBH, as already mentioned several times, the sonic quality with the standard I/O boxes and the desks itself, is already that high, that it is hard to argue about the extra cost of the prime I/O.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

SteffenR, Either you fly with the eagles, or you do not!
    Hugh

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.