aux -> group?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions aux -> group?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of retroj retroj 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of retroj
    retroj
    Participant

Hello,

Is it possible to route an aux to a group? In our theater we have a 5.1 surround setup in which each output channel has a group (L, C, R, SurrL, SurrR, Sub). L, C, and R go to the main bus, and SurrL, SurrR, and Sub are direct out to amps. With this setup, we can send any input to any of the output channels by sending them to those groups. This does not give us much control over the level of the input in each output channel. To get more control, my first thought was to use the input’s main fader for L/R, and AUX1 through AUX4 for Center, SurrL, SurrR, and Sub. Is this possible? If not, what are other options?

Thank you.

Profile photo of mayfields
    mayfields
    Participant

As far as I know an aux can’t be routed directly to a group but you could use ext in to route a single source (eg an aux bus) to a bus.

For SurrL, SurrR and Sub you could simply use an aux bus in place of a group and patch the output direct to the amp as you currently do with the group.

Profile photo of retroj
    retroj
    Participant

Thank you, mayfields. Can you explain what you mean by ‘ext in’? I’m a bit of a newbie. 🙂

The setup with groups is convenient for our normal day-to-day operations, but for particular events where we need more control, I can switch over to using aux outs instead of groups. Thank you for the idea.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.