AR2412 vs AB168

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions AR2412 vs AB168

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barryjam Barryjam 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aden
    aden
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Looking at the prices for the AR2412 and ab168, it appears that the 168 is more expensive.

However, the 2412 has more IO. Going with the 2412 over the 168, am I missing out on anything?

Cheers!

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

No, that about sums it up other than the AB168 is portable drop box that can optionally be rack mounted (kit needed), and the AR2412 is a rack mountable box.

Profile photo of aden
    aden
    Participant

Great. Thanks Scott. I actually have the 168, and someone offered a swap for a 2412 as that suits their workflow better. Just so happens that I would prefer it racked.

Just wanted to check I wasn’t falling for a bad deal.

Much appreciated.

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Yeah I noticed this as well. I think these prices must have changed recently as when I bought my AB168 it was cheaper.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Are you sure you are not looking at the new DX168? The AB168 is still cheaper than the AR2412 according to all sources online.

Profile photo of aden
    aden
    Participant

I’ve not checked every single online retailer but I usually use Thomann as a baseline and the ab168 is more expensive on there. It’s not considerably more expensive (€977 vs €929).

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

I believe the AR2412 predates the qu series. Weren’t they originally made for the gl series?

Profile photo of aden
    aden
    Participant

Yes, some are branded as GLD.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Here in the USA the AB168 lists for $1099, the AR2412 lists for $1399 and the new DX168 lists for $1699 at all the main US Allen & Heath dealers.

Profile photo of aden
    aden
    Participant

Very interesting!

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

I’ve been told that this is a pricing anomaly error in the translation from pounds to euros and dollars for the 2412 on that one site. I suspect it might be corrected soon. Might be a good time to jump on it and see if they will honor it. The sites can only show MAP, and i’m told that any ideas of any other explanation (discontinued, replacement coming, etc.) are just rumors.

Then again, I’ve certainly been wrong before. As recent as today, on another question!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.