Additional Matrix on SQ

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Additional Matrix on SQ

Tagged: 

This topic contains 54 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of harrisonhal266 harrisonhal266 3 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pCann
    pCann
    Participant

+1 for more matricies please! Thanks you

Profile photo of kub
    kub
    Participant

+1

i’ll take what i can get. 6x mono would also be awesome.
    (that being said, it’s nice to see that suddenly some features seem possible. i always thought the stereo/mono limitation on buses (and their count) is also a part of a businessmodel. if you need more, go for the dLive. it’s that simple.)

Profile photo of Ma
    Ma
    Participant

Just running up the extra matrix vote. Literally the first thing that I noticed when using the board the first time. Was pretty shocked actually. Should have done my research ahead of buying. Would be happy to spend some money “upgrading” if there was ever an unlockable feature.

Profile photo of Mr.Si
    Mr.Si
    Participant

After using our SQ5 for a year I have already outgrown my hunger for matrices. Please , we could use six. Is there a work around for Sub, Foyer, Cry room, Listening assist, Streaming/Recording, overflow room ? These all could use there own processing needs, but mostly follow the the main LR.

I’d use a Dante card if I were you and use a Dante network to route all these. Would be a good solution for your situation.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

I’d use a Dante card if I were you and use a Dante network to route all these. Would be a good solution for your situation.

That wouldn’t address the need for different processing, but any 4×8 general signal processor would.

Profile photo of kub
    kub
    Participant

any news on this?

Profile photo of Palos
    Palos
    Participant

I need more than 3 matrix, I don’t need them all to be stereo, I would love to be able to make different matrix to assign them to the audio, another mono matrix for the subs, another one to transmit to someone else, another one for front end, outfill, delay, etc. …… I need it urgent! I have got recently a SQ7 console and I realized that I only have 3 stereo matrix.

Profile photo of Palos
    Palos
    Participant

PLEASE!!! I really need more than 3 matrix, I do not need them all of them stereo, I also want them in MONO

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Keith has provided a detailed explanation of the design factors that control the max number of matrices available with FPGA console processing. Please remember the primary function of most all A&H consoles is to provide world class sonic quality with efficient SR processing: not necessarily a broad based multi function distribution network. Given the current amount of faith based large format SR activity it is entirely conceivable the Digico, A&H & Calrec focus may well include a broad based comprehensive distribution network that could utilize various desks within their current offerings. However IMO it is highly unlikley it would be an applicable fit for the reasonable entry level pricing of the SQ line.
    Hugh

Profile photo of harrisonhal266
    harrisonhal266
    Participant

3 Stereo matrices are not enough… I would be happy with 6 mono matrices or would even be willing to sacrifice the amount of busses for matrices! Let’s make this happen!

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.