Additional Matrix on SQ

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Additional Matrix on SQ

Tagged: 

This topic contains 54 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of harrisonhal266 harrisonhal266 3 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nick
    Nick
    Participant

Keith I understand this would be a massive overhaul and I thank you and the team for all of your work. I think there is a major demand for 6 matrices, whether it be 6 mono or 3 stereo. I understand at the price point of the console we may be asking for things outside of this range. But the console is phenomenal, but I think it could be improved exponentially with more matrices. If this could be brought up to your team and see if testing can be done, it would be greatly appreciated. I understand it will take time and may not be possible, but it would be great to know.
    Thank you!
    -Nick

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

We need to reach a clear understanding between the features that are currently available and the limitations on all XCIV core driven A&H decks. The traditional older architectural designs, featured by some competitive brands, that offer functions that go beyond the current A&H XCIV design have their own market: some offer less sonic quality and some are available at a price point well above anything in the A&H line.
    If I am reading Keith’s comments correctly a broadly expanded number of matrices is not possible with the current XCIV core design in the D-Live, Avantis, or SQs. The SQ’s singular 36 bus limitation has been a reasonable point of contention for several years with a lot of requests for features that are exclusively available on D-Live or Avantis however the current plea for additional matrices is not in that same frame work.

Please allow me an opportunity to restate my request for a small footprint processing DX expansion stage box controller with out the 36 bus limitations of the current SQ. A universal XCIV core with access to all of the D-Live functional processing goodness would be a home run for a lot of us that are willing to pay for it. All SQ owners are well drilled in the process of buying a license for various features initially locked in the deck when manufactured. This is a unique benefit of the digital revolution: you can buy what you need when you need it. IMO 16, 24, or 36 XLRs on a mixing desk requiring 60 or more lbs of copper snake is not consistent with todays expansion stage box deployment that uses a simple Cat 6 cable for the deck connection. A&H currently offers pricy controllers for processing stage boxes: however not the small footprint controller processor I am requesting.
    Hugh
    Hugh

Profile photo of KilianB
    KilianB
    Participant

+1 for the option of 6 mono matrices switchable to 3 stereo / any combination

Profile photo of techynomad
    techynomad
    Participant

Crossing out of the studio world I’m looking to buy an SQ, this is the only thing holding me back

Profile photo of skycracksopen
    skycracksopen
    Participant

Created an account to +1 this thread.

I’m normally an M32 user, but I had my first SQ-7 experience a week ago.

I prefer the SQ-7 in almost every way… except for the lack of matrices.

I also prefer on the M32 how you choose the output delay on each physical output, and not on the output channel. Having the L and R tied to the same delay is true in the vast majority of circumstances, but not all.

Having more matrices would somewhat mitigate that problem, since you’d essentially have more choices for delay times.

Profile photo of alberto.irrera
    alberto.irrera
    Participant

+1 for the option of 6 mono matrices switchable to 3 stereo

Profile photo of Aaron Kelly
    Aaron Kelly
    Participant

+1 for more Matrixes even at the expense of less buses/auxes

Profile photo of Yoely
    Yoely
    Participant

I vote for more Matrix even at the cost of bus and axillaries, or even at the cost for inputs channel.
    I would suggest having Flexi outputs like the Avantis.
    Many times the event requires little inputs count like speech and backup music (only 4 inputs), but require many more outputs for the distributed system.

-Yoely-

Profile photo of KilianB
    KilianB
    Participant

+1 for more matrices

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

+1

Pretty sure I’ve been an advocate for 6x-mono-mtx since V1.2.

I thought we had a feature request for this already.

Profile photo of BenK
    BenK
    Participant

More matrixes! Especially good for the corporate use case, the show is a day or a week, the sound system is different every time, system processing and records out through the matrix.
    8 band parametric would be nice. I Don’t prefer Graphic eq, make it selectable per buss, 8 band parametric or graphic.

I would buy more A&H if there were more matrixes, I would be happier if there was an 8 band parametric available on every output buss.

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

+1 for the option of 6 mono matrices switchable to 3 stereo, if that’d make it rather possible, thank you 🙂

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

After using our SQ5 for a year I have already outgrown my hunger for matrices. Please , we could use six. Is there a work around for Sub, Foyer, Cry room, Listening assist, Streaming/Recording, overflow room ? These all could use there own processing needs, but mostly follow the the main LR.

Profile photo of Yoely
    Yoely
    Participant

+1
    if it is impossible to create more output routes within the hardware. i would reather choose to have an option to set the mixer chennal count and have less inputs, or choose the output type like the Avantis.

Profile photo of pCann
    pCann
    Participant

+1

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.