a more fine tuned rotary turn

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions a more fine tuned rotary turn

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SebSchStrytl SebSchStrytl 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ahren
    Ahren
    Participant

would love to adjust eq parameters or other parameters that don’t skip numbers when dialing values. just more precise accuracy would be nice.

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

I respect your wish and don’t want to downplay it.
    But keep in mind that in the case of a higher resolution you would have to turn your knob much longer.
    At the moment the behavior feels like an analogue console, which is certainly intended.
    But maybe it would also help you to know, that by selecting the parameter you want to change and turning the “yellow knob” you can tune finer many values – e.g. the frequencies in the EQ.
    Even with the MixPad, the setting of a parameter becomes finer the further away you move from the parameter field while changing (similar to the faders: the further away, the finer the movement).

Profile photo of Ahren
    Ahren
    Participant

I absolutely would love that. because that doesn’t have an negative effect for me ever mixing. but trying to land on actual 0 or moving to a specific frequency range does.

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

Sorry to ask again, but its to better understand your request.

> I would absolutely love that.
    What do you mean by “that”, please?

> because that doesn’t have a negative effect on mixing for me.
    Do you mix live and have to react quickly or do you mix in the studio and have a lot of time?

> but I’m trying to actually land on 0…
    But do you also know the reset button with the function of resetting certain values to the default value (often 0)?

Profile photo of Ahren
    Ahren
    Participant

I mix on other pro consoles that have rotory functions that do what I’m asking for like a pro 2 for example and works fine.
    so the rotory knob being slow to turn isn’t an issue for me because it’s not slow for me when I use it.
    and landing on 0 with the knob shouldn’t need another button to do what it should do already is what I mean.

overall having the rotary knob be more accurate would be appreciated.

Profile photo of SonoBiancaBee
    SonoBiancaBee
    Participant

They could add a SoftKey function with a “fine” mode like Avid did on their Venue consoles since day one. It would be a massive improvement. I was convinced that the EQ and delay functions were just stuck with a range of pre-selected values for some reason, until I realized there was a “precision” mode on the ipad app. it’s bonkers. Love the sound, but it sometimes feel like A&H cut corners on a few very basic things.

Profile photo of Ahren
    Ahren
    Participant

I’d rather have an option to turn on and off the fine tuning in a menu as all my soft keys are used up already

Profile photo of SebSchStrytl
    SebSchStrytl
    Participant

I think it’s a very good idea.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.