Some improvements

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Some improvements

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bigbean bigbean 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Imarconi
    Imarconi
    Participant

Hi to everyone, I just would like to share some thoughts I have about GLD.

Regarding the stagebox AR2412, when using it with one AR84 (to have inputs 1 to 32) if I chose to put the AR84 underneath the AR2412 (so the the input number follows 23, 24, 25, 26…and the outputs 11, 12, 13, 14…) then I have to link the two stageboxes with a cable that runs over the other connectors (Monitor and Dsnake) in the AR2412.
    Is just a matter of design, if you switch the “DSNAKE” connector with the “EXPANDER” connector you can link both stageboxes with just a very short CAT5 and it would be much safer [:)]

Is there any way I can save a preset of Softkeys? so every time I do a new show I can load “my softkeys settings” and have everything how I like?

Is it possible to make bigger the keyboard in the login screen? is very small and there is no other relevant information at that point…just type the password.

Is it possible to make bigger the RTA?, it could be bigger and easier to see, lots of free space in that screen also.

Is it possible to create one softkey function that displays the RTA for the MIX selected? and the same with the Input selected (but it would be great to have them in 2 different softkeys, so by clicking once I have direct access to the RTA of the channel or mix I´m working with.

Is it possible to make one sofkey function that allows the user to assign the tab Overview to that softkey?

Many thanks!

I have to say i´m very very happy and impressed with my GLD112 [8D] and way happier with the support from A&H since I bough the mixer you released one software udpate, 2 apps, so Its great to feel that there is always something happening to improve the system and keep the users feeling happy.

Everything louder than the rest!

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Imarconi

Is there any way I can save a preset of Softkeys? so every time I do a new show I can load “my softkeys settings” and have everything how I like?

Set up a “IMarconi default” show file with all the settings you prefer, and then recall this as your default show, rather than starting from scratch.

Imarconi
    Participant

Yes! actually that is one way to do it, and I think it will work 90% of the time, but anyways it would be nice to have the possibility to export a configuration of softkeys, you never know when you might actually need it. [;)]

Profile photo of bvde
    bvde
    Participant

Here some other improvements:

– Our GLD80 is fixed installed. There is one switch that starts the amplifiers and the snake. When doing this, a loud *plop* is heard, due switching the phantompower. Please switch on start-up the relays to the outputs 5 seconds after the setup is loaded and the phantompower is switched on.
    – Head Phone, IEM en Wedge are switched to the MAIN out when no PFL button is pressed. Please make an option to switch to another source, for instance a stereo recordingbus.
    – An matrix can be switched PRE fader and delay, but there is no option to switch it before processing. Why? Now, it takes 1 mixbus an 2 matrixes to make a different EQ setting/output to the same mix.

(but to be positive; these 3 things are the only things to feedback, i love the console!)

Ps. Question; is this forum the best way to send improvements feedback?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bvde

– Our GLD80 is fixed installed. There is one switch that starts the amplifiers and the snake. When doing this, a loud *plop* is heard, due switching the phantompower. Please switch on start-up the relays to the outputs 5 seconds after the setup is loaded and the phantompower is switched on.

Do you have your GLD switching on with channels open to the mains?

Chris

Profile photo of bvde
    bvde
    Participant

@chris:

Yes

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I have posted this before but with little traction…few things..

Contrast adjustment on screen and LCD strips for sitting operations…

Ability to route headphone level out to a set of sockets for a control room feed
    Currently I have created an IEM to do that with PAFL and main. I do remote TV
    shows and events.

Ability to add processing to above. Using HP or IEM/WEDGE as a monitor there is no
    EQ. Would like graphic eq to flatten speakers to the room. Have not discovered a way to add a GEQ to IEM/WEDGE…

As noted on another post. Security issue with USERS permissions. Softkey assigns seem to override that.

All for now. More if I run into things….new user…love it though..

GLD 80
    AR2412

Imarconi
    Participant

Also I would like to have:

“Hard Mute” like in Digico mixers (quite useful if for any reason you have to mute some input channel and don’t want to do it for every scene)

Macros? it would be great to be able to assign a softkey for a macro change (ex: have 2 wireless mics, one as a spare, and in case of something happening with the main mic be able to change the physical input for that channel for another one -which is fed from wireless receiver 2- and that it remains the same when changing scenes.

[:)]

Thanks! & lets keep suggesting ideas to make this great system even better!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I will followup on the previous post and say that I really feel if the IEM/WEDGE is considered a buss out that it should have processing available to it. At least GEQ, Comp might be nice…

GLD 80
    AR2412

Profile photo of caseymglass
    caseymglass
    Participant

@bvde your pop is not a result of a problem with the AR rack but rather because “you’re doing it wrong” or to be a bit more sensitive – you have things set up in a nonstandard manner. It is great to automate your startup but the equipment that needs to delay on startup are your amplifiers and not the AR. The normal equipment power up sequence for equipment is 1. Board (and AR rack) 2. Any equipment between the board and amps and then 3. Amps. They should be shut down in the reverse manner.

The pop you are hearing is something that occurs in all systems and has been going on since the beginning of amplified sound. You are hearing the board power up and open channels starting to send sound into an amp that is already on. Again the way this is traditionally avoided is to turn on the amps after the board is already powered up.

Imarconi
    Participant

Hey, I just copy/paste this from caseymglass that I think is a very good point and it would be good to have it in the list of things to get better

“So something that has bugged me from day one is that I can’t assign one soft key to tap tempo on a global basis but instead have to choose which effects rack it is assigned to and so I have to have several tap tempo buttons for each unit. So please:
    -selectable global tempo
    -global tap tempo assign to soft key
    – somewhere to set a tempo”

Profile photo of hpsmith
    hpsmith
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bvde

Hi. A tip I found somewhere on a forum and works well is to create a seperate scene with all the channels and outputs on mute. Save this as something like ‘Shutdown’ and recall this scene before powering down the desk. When starting up again, no pop.[:D]. I actually moved all the fader to the bottom as well leaving the desk neatly for the next service.

Regards,
    Hennie
    GLD-80, AR2412, AR84

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

Power up/down sequencing should be either done manually (power up amps last and then power down amps first) or with a fixed install, through a power sequencer so anyone, trained or not, can power up the audio system.

There are work arounds possibly, but proper power sequencing ALWAYS works.

Bob

GLD80, AR2412, 2xAR84, Dante, GLD Remote

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I use sequencers on every major install. Saves a lot of headaches.

GLD 80
    AR2412

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

I have the GLD-80 on a sequencer. A furman key operated one actually. I could and probably will set all of the sequence times so that the system doesn’t crack on turn on when the AR units sync after 40 seconds or so, But it’s really annoying since everything was OK in firmware 1.01 and got un OK later.

I have bunches of digital mixer installations large and small, Some of them are 10 years old and are being upgraded.

I don’t read any other message boards. I read this one, cause after one year it’s a work in progress.

Why aren’t the outputs of all units muted until sync is complete then checked against the systems recalled state mute list before unmuting?

Why do I have to ask that question on the message board?

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.