comp pre eq

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AudioplusAB AudioplusAB 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AudioplusAB
    AudioplusAB
    Participant

Hi anybody who can tell me if it is possible to get the comp pre the eq in the chain?

BR
    //
    Daniel

Profile photo of joefi
    joefi
    Participant

Hi Daniel,

i think the only way is, leave the chanel eq off, use the comp and then route this into an Aux or Group and use the eq

might work …

kr joe

iDR32 & IPad1 & R72 & DANTE
    *** less is more ***

AudioplusAB
    Participant

JOE,

Thanks, just as I thought, it´s not possible then, not anyone else missing this feature?
    //

Profile photo of Gerger
    Gerger
    Participant

Ive never missed this feature, but im willfull to learn. Could you tell me the reason for this? On live or studio environment?

Profile photo of joefi
    joefi
    Participant

hi Daniel,
    found another solution on the compressorpage,
    there you can select sidechain selfkey pre Peq
    give it a try….

kr

joe

iDR32 & IPad1 & R72 & DANTE
    *** less is more ***

AudioplusAB
    Participant

Gerger, in a live environment, just me fond of first compressing the signal then shaping it with the eq. Just that there are times when i feel that the comp is working against me as it equals My eq out. That Said i guess some of the Times i actually grab hard on channeleq where i should grab for freq on the master eq instead.

Joe, found that feature also à couple of weekend ago, Will look into that again, seems strange to “hide” it there if that is the case. Anyway thanks for the tip.

//
    Daniel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.