unwanted pan changes on remote

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions unwanted pan changes on remote

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of byondo byondo 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

hi all,
    as the subject says, with 1.20 version, if I try to swipe the channel list, touching the pan region, it triggers a pan changing, not a channel swipe. a little frustrating..
    on the old 1.10 version it worked correctly instead.

Maybe there some hidden setting that could be changed to avoid it? something “sensitivity related”?

regards,
    Massimo

Profile photo of samw
    samw
    Participant

Hi Massimo,

This mechanism did indeed change between versions V1.1 and V1.2, and is part of a larger set of changes to how touches are interpreted in banks of channel strips:

Users were finding that sometimes, if their finger moved while pressing the Mute, PAFL, On or Pre buttons, that touch could be interpreted as an attempt to scroll the channel bank, instead of the intended button press. Users were also reporting that when attempting to move a fader, if they moved their finger too far horizontally, that touch could also be interpreted as an attempt to scroll the channel bank.

Obviously fader movements and mute presses must be interpreted correctly at all times, so the new touch mechanism gives these gestures precedence over channel bank swipe to scroll gestures. This means that:
    – If you touch a Mute, PAFL, On or Pre button, GLD Remote will *always* perform that action and will never scroll, regardless of how much your finger moves while touching that control.
    – If you drag a fader in the direction of its travel +- 45 degrees either side, you can be sure that the fader will move instead of the channel bank scrolling.
    – You can’t swipe the channel bank horizontally by touching any buttons or a horizontal fader (i.e. the Pan fader).

Does this information change your opinion of the new mechanism? Would you prefer a user setting to alter this behaviour?

Thank you for the feedback, it’s always appreciated.

Sam Warner
    Allen & Heath

Profile photo of byondo
    byondo
    Participant

Hey Sam, thanks for this precious info!

quote:

Originally posted by samw

Would you prefer a user setting to alter this behaviour?

Oh yes, it would be great for me! Because I’m one of the (few? many?) users that had no problems with the old sensitivity scheme, while the newer one always leads me to corrupt some pan value…ehm…

Regards
    Massimo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.