ME1 question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

I’m hoping someone from A&H can clarify.

I run Dante cards in all my iLives. Ace for surface connection but Dante for monitor split.
    Can you advise how I would connect ME1s in this scenario?

Can they run directly off the FOH Dante feed
    Or
    Does the MEU connect to the FOH Dante feed.
    Or
    Does the ME1 or MEU connect to the monitor Dante feed.

It’s not clear from the documentation what protocols the me1 or me2 support directly.
    Is a Dante card fitted to the MEU.

Please help clarify

Profile photo of deanz25
    deanz25
    Participant

In order to use dante you will need to use the ME-U with dante card installed

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Millst

Deanz25 is correct, the MEU has an option card slot that allows support support from the following Audio networking protocols: GLD d-Snake, iLive ACE, Aviom, MADI, Dante and EtherSound.

You would just need to purchase a Dante module to fit into your MEU hub.

You could could connect your FOH-mixrack – PortB: Dante Primary port to the Monitor Mixrack port B with Dante.
    Connect the FOH-mixrack portB secondary port to the Dante module fitted into the MEU hub.

The ME1 cannot connect directly to Dante you need to convert from Dante by using the MEU Hub.
    The ME1 directly supports, GLD D-Snake, iLive ACE & AVIOM

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Millst,

In addition to the above, there are a couple of workarounds while waiting for the ME-U:

– If you are using a modular iDR10 / iDR0, you can plug ME-1 into Link 2 on the ACE card in Port A. We have a diagram on the ME-1 page showing this. Note that this setup is limited to 28 channels to connected ME-1s.

– If you happen to have an xDR-16 expander, you can fit ACE into Port B of your MixRack, and fit Dante into Port B of the expander. This way Link 2 on the ACE card can send up to 40 channels to connected ME-1s. However, note that Dante will have limited functionality in the expander (64 out 48 in max in V1.9).

Hope this helps

Nicola
    A&H

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.