Android App?

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Android App?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rexeltw Rexeltw 11 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jono-Morgan
    Jono-Morgan
    Participant

So my church bought a GLD, and I know the ipad app is just about out, but is there going to be an android app? I’d rather get a galaxy note than an ipad, just preference wise.

Profile photo of robi
    robi
    Participant

I have the same question. I have an android device and I don’t want to buy ipad due to this only one application.
    Is planned to create android application at least in the future?

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

Long as we’re wishing, I’d like a windows app and a steak dinner, while we’re at it.

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

Profile photo of bob274
    bob274
    Participant

+1 on this, Android and Windows app

There are more Android devices around than iOS. And a Windows app seems the most USABLE for someone actually sitting at the console and wanting additional control.

Profile photo of SamXp
    SamXp
    Participant

+3 for Android! Really don’t want to purchase an iPad when there are a dozen Android tablets around.

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

No thumbs up for the steak dinner?

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

Profile photo of cctrieloff
    cctrieloff
    Participant

+1 for Android.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

+1 for Windows App

GLD-80, AR2412, Peavey Versarray 112s 218 & CS Amps eh

Profile photo of tomos
    tomos
    Participant

+1 for Android App [:)]
    +1 for Windows App

Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato
    HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

i think that everybody will be waiting a long time…

Profile photo of cafo
    cafo
    Participant

+1 for android app

Profile photo of tomos
    tomos
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by HalfBakedPotato

Why not? Some android tablet’s are very good and JB 4.1 or 4.2 is fast and reliable OS. It will be 1st app of this kind for android [:)]

quote:

Originally posted by tomos

quote:

Why not? Some android tablet’s are very good and JB 4.1 or 4.2 is fast and reliable OS. It will be 1st app of this kind for android [:)]

While talking with the at NAMM I was told that the advantage to the iPad is that the hardware is consistent whereas each manufacturer of android devices uses different parts and pieces so they are never consistent. Therefore I wouldn’t expect to see an android app any time soon. Android is just fine for phones but not for real computing.

2 X GLD80
    2 X AR2412
    1 X AR840

Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato
    HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

quote:

quote:

While talking with the at NAMM I was told that the advantage to the iPad is that the hardware is consistent whereas each manufacturer of android devices uses different parts and pieces so they are never consistent. Therefore I wouldn’t expect to see an android app any time soon. Android is just fine for phones but not for real computing.

2 X GLD80
    2 X AR2412
    1 X AR840

Exactly. I’d like an Android app as much as the next person… but from a business point of view, supporting a product on an unknown piece of hardware is a nightmare. Any problems with the app and A&H reputation with regards to that product is at risk. At least with an iPad, there is a level of consistency.

Profile photo of tomos
    tomos
    Participant

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

quote:

quote:

2 X GLD80
    2 X AR2412
    1 X AR840

Exactly. I’d like an Android app as much as the next person… but from a business point of view, supporting a product on an unknown piece of hardware is a nightmare. Any problems with the app and A&H reputation with regards to that product is at risk. At least with an iPad, there is a level of consistency.

But, you know that on iLive surfaces with MixRack is Linux behind (OS) and android is linux for arm processors. It’s easy to define that you need dual core processor with min limit of ram and screen resolution, JB 4.1 or 4.2,…. I use SG Note2 or Nexus 7 with remote app for using iLive editor on PC/laptop. I wish that in can use this in club with GLD or better to use app for android. I would like to know which OS is on GLD.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.