GLD Tutorial

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions GLD Tutorial

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jonnyweston jonnyweston 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of soundtuga
    soundtuga
    Participant

I just bought the GLD, and I’m new to the sound world.

Is there a step by step tutorial on how to configure the GLD. It would be nice to have some typical configurations, that I could try.
    It would also be nice to have a scene configuration, and see how people set up and use different settings.

Thanks

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

There are videos and a touchscreen guide in the GLD section of the A&H website.

There are also a few template show files already on the console.

Chris

Profile photo of soundtuga
    soundtuga
    Participant

Unfortunately no one seems to have good tutorials, or step by step configuration.

I’ll start to do it soon, and post some ideas here, and perhaps people can use it too.

What I propose to do is list some ideas for basic use case configurations (e.g. how to connect a mic to an speaker, how to insert a fx on a mic and send it to a speaker, how to group a set of mics a mix them to 2 speakers [L/R])
    For each one, give a step-by-step tutorial on how to achieve these “use cases”. The configuration can become more complex as we go along.

Improve the step-by-step tutorial/configuration, with additional notes.

If you find this idea interesting, please post a note, with ideas for configuring the GLD.

Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato
    HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

Sounds good to me.

Profile photo of Mike-Mullin
    Mike-Mullin
    Participant

Great idea. Maybe even post config files.

Profile photo of JohnsonAV
    JohnsonAV
    Participant

or YouTube video demos would be good too with screen captures.

Aaron Johnson, CTS

Johnson AV Engineering

a. 7011 N. Greenview Ave.
    Unit 1
    Chicago, IL 60626
    p. 847.404.1056
    e. aaron@johnsonavengineering.com
    w. http://www.johnsonavengineering.com

Profile photo of jonnyweston
    jonnyweston
    Participant

The training videos on youtube are pretty darned good – I think they are great, Leon Phillips, Nicola Beretta and the team did a great job!

They are however a little to fast… seems to be what most people think.
    Most users that I have shown them too so far when talking them through my desk… have found them hard to follow without haveing to be in front of the desk and pressing the pause button every few seconds.

The videos that do exist however do fill up the huge gap left by what should have been an instruction manual. The manual that comes with the desk is tiny.

The best manual I ever read has been the presonus 24.4.2 manual – their manual is amazing, and their user forums phenomonal with weekly Tuesday night web streamed live video of loads of different features – still worth watching even if you don’t have a presonus.

We look forward to your tutorials friend!
    Thanks

Jonny

A&H GLD80, AR2412 & Dante Card x 2
    Korg M50, Novation SL25 MKII, Akai MPD26
    Logic Studio 9, Reason 6.5, Ableton 8

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.