Direct Out follow Fader/Mute

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Direct Out follow Fader/Mute

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Hello,

I got an interesting quiz from a customer – he needs to set up 16 channels with direct outs that follow fader and mute and he wants to control these channels with DCA groups. I assumed they should also follow DCA and DCA mute by default, however they don’t. Any workaround possible here? The channels aren’t sent anywhere else, just used as full processing strips. I thought of using 16 group outputs instead, but all buses are used.

ddff

Profile photo of Doug
    Doug
    Participant

Direct out are exactly that, they effectively don’t get into the processing part of the channels so will miss DCA mutes etc. If i understand what he wants to do is to take the 16 individual channels in process them seperately then send the 16 staight out not summed. If you go into mixer config and remove all the busses you don’t use ie stereo and extra effects ones you may just be able to squeeze 20 auxes
    Captureilive.jpg

This is on idr48

http://www.maltingsaudio.co.uk

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

It sounds like your client does not want 16 direct out, but 16 auxes.

It’s quite possible there is a better way to do this, what is your client trying to accomplish through this?

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, I realised I could use AUX or mono group. But then I need total approx 45 busses.
    Direct out works as I want it to – I can set it post everything and it also works with fader and mute, just can’t bee steered by VCA.

ddff

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ddff_lv

Yes, I realised I could use AUX or mono group. But then I need total approx 45 busses.
    Direct out works as I want it to – I can set it post everything and it also works with fader and mute, just can’t bee steered by VCA.

ddff

Could be one of the remaining bugs. I though that this also used to be the case with post-fader auxes, in that they didn’t follow DCA (maybe in a previous firmware version or still, I can’t check as I’m not having the system here)

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.