GEQ Fader Flip

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions GEQ Fader Flip

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dmm dmm 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Piehead
    Piehead
    Participant

Hi,

There seems to be a bug with this in Firmware 1.9. When I select a group and then the GEQ fader flip button it brings up the GEQ faders the same as normal but when I press it again the faders move into slightly different positions rather than returning me to my normal fader banks. It takes another press of the button to get back.

At first I thought that this would also change the audio but I notice that the on-screen representation of the fader postions remains unchanged. I spotted this just before going live with at tie mic and thought it better not so use that function in case the audio changed causing feedback.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Piehead

T112 + iDR48

Profile photo of Piehead
    Piehead
    Participant

Just wondering….

Is it to fit in extra bands? I can’t check this at the moment but it just dawned on me :p

Piehead

T112 + iDR48

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Yes, it is because of the extra bands.
    Had to look twice also…

Profile photo of Piehead
    Piehead
    Participant

Phew! [:)]

Mental note to self: Always read the label [:D]

Piehead

T112 + iDR48

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

This is the one new change that I hate in v1.9. Having to hit GEQ twice because the GEQ is now 1 band too long to fit on my T-112 faders is really annoying. I would gladly give up that bottom band to not have to scroll with the GEQ button.

-d

Shalin Liu Performance Center
    37 Main Street
    Rockport, MA 01966
    http://www.rockportmusic.org

Profile photo of Mikey
    Mikey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dshriver

This is the one new change that I hate in v1.9. Having to hit GEQ twice because the GEQ is now 1 band too long to fit on my T-112 faders is really annoying. I would gladly give up that bottom band to not have to scroll with the GEQ button.

Ditto!

Caught myself mixing the other day after updating to 1.9. I hit the GEQ fader flip button once like normal and went back to mixing not realizing that the flip didn’t take me back to the mix. Fortunately it was during a rehearsal.

[:(!]

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

So maybe in the next update, the lowest GEQ band could be removeable by a setting in the preferences (could still be on screen, though). Wouldn’t that be nice?

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Yeah I also don’t like it – would prefer to not have the lower bands show and for them to only be available on the touch screen so we get back to one fader flip press on/off like it used to be. The R72 has four button presses to scroll through freq’s so I find I prefer to just use the touch screen GEQ only on that!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stix

Yeah I also don’t like it – would prefer to not have the lower bands show and for them to only be available on the touch screen so we get back to one fader flip press on/off like it used to be. The R72 has four button presses to scroll through freq’s so I find I prefer to just use the touch screen GEQ only on that!

Or control the fader range via the touch screen like it’s on other consoles, and always use one button to switch between fader flip or normal mix mode. I would like that a lot!

There also no visual indication on the touchscreen of which freq’s are on the faders. Don’t really like to always have to read the strips to know which freq’s are on fader. When I’m working on the GEQ my eyes tend to be on the screen and checking the RTA as well.

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of dmm
    dmm
    Participant

I would also be happy about a solution for the Fader Flip.
    Having to press the button two times is very bad for an efficient mixing procedure.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.