Mixing EFX in LCR setup

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Mixing EFX in LCR setup

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of chasecaleb chasecaleb 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of frewen
    frewen
    Participant

Hey all,
    New to forum. Running ILive T112 w/IDR48 in church. System was designed in Left/Center/Right. For whatever reason, can’t mix EFX back to center. Makes no sense. Any advice?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Hi!

What if you use input channel instead of FX return channel?

ddff

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Frewen

In LCR Mode Stereo channels are sent directly to LR and not to C.

I recommend you use to mono channels, gang the 2 mono channels together except for Pan and then you will be able to use the pan on each channel to blend the mix between LCR.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of jefsound
    jefsound
    Participant

If you use the “LCR+” mode, it adds a blend control for that purpose.

Have fun,

Jeff

Profile photo of frewen
    frewen
    Participant

Thanks all. Will give those a try.

Profile photo of frewen
    frewen
    Participant

Jeff,
    OK. Thanks, that gets me my effects to center. Bad news is I lose the Sub bus from the previous LCRS config. Help? Can I assign a new Sub buss. And I assume I lose individual channel assignment to sub? Which doesn’t bother me.

quote:

Originally posted by jefsound

If you use the “LCR+” mode, it adds a blend control for that purpose.

Have fun,

Jeff

Profile photo of frewen
    frewen
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. In this scenario, it seems that would require assigning output targets from the back panel of the efx rack. Can’t seem to make any changes to the output targets. Those are assigned to L and R and it won’t let us change it?

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Frewen

I recommend you use to mono channels, gang the 2 mono channels together except for Pan and then you will be able to use the pan on each channel to blend the mix between LCR.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of frewen
    frewen
    Participant

Can you tell me how to do this?

quote:

Originally posted by frewen

Thanks for the feedback. In this scenario, it seems that would require assigning output targets from the back panel of the efx rack. Can’t seem to make any changes to the output targets. Those are assigned to L and R and it won’t let us change it?

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Frewen

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of chasecaleb
    chasecaleb
    Participant

I had this problem at one point too. The much better fix would be to use the speaker matrix processor on one of your FX channels — do it the right way across the whole system instead of fixing it for just your effects.. Set your mains up as L/R/Sub, then use the speaker processor to spread the L/R/Sub signal to L/C/R/Sub. Information about it is in your manual, but in case you don’t have it go here and look at the bottom of the 2nd and top of 3rd pages https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/CategoryDocuments/iLive_Rack_FX_Emulations_rev3.pdf.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.