iLive 144 mixer – BLANK SCREEN

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive 144 mixer – BLANK SCREEN

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere Lieven-Dewispelaere 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Seeme
    Seeme
    Participant

I need some assistance please… switched ON this morning our iLive Digital Mixer 144, the Surface is ON but the touch screen is blank. Nothing appearing; meaning i can’t see the system loading its O.S . The screen is all White. I need to use it later today and likewise tomorrow !!

12th June 1983

Profile photo of jr.riechers
    jr.riechers
    Participant

I had this happen to me immediately following my recent processor upgrade. I was told to connect an en external monitor to the VGA port on the back and it started up just fine. my monitor doesn’t even have to be turned on and the touchscreen works as it should, however if the VGA cable is disconnected then I get the all white screen. just make sure the monitor is connected before you start the surface.

Profile photo of Seeme
    Seeme
    Participant

@ jr.riechers – I tried that but it didn’t work for me.. I tried resetting the network settings by using a small pointed object to insert into the reset network settings port This did not repair the problem either. I guess it is most likely an internal issue and will have to be sent in for repair.

Seeme

Profile photo of snoei
    snoei
    Participant

Same issue (white screen) on our T112.
    The problem was an empty bios backup battery.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by snoei

Same issue (white screen) on our T112.
    The problem was an empty bios backup battery.

How did you find out it was the bios battery?

To A&H Is this something that is likely to happen to every iLive in time and should we be changing the battery routinely every couple of years or so?

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Hi,
    I had the same blank screen on my T112 at startup yesterday. I had this a few times some time ago but after a switch off/on the surface worked again. i thought it was cold wether.
    But yesterday the blank screen stayed after several restarts. in the end i switched the on button 10 times very fast on/off an bingo it booted normal an worked through the night.
    At the end of the night i shut down the T112 in the normal way ( as i always do) and again it started up with a blank screen.
    @ SNOEI : did just changing the battery solved the problem or was the bootrom defect?

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of snoei
    snoei
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lieven Dewispelaere

@ SNOEI : did just changing the battery solved the problem or was the bootrom defect?

Changing the battery removed all bios settings. For a correct working screen I tried several settings until it works again.

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

OK,
    thanks, i shall contact support to see what should be done.
    My T112 is +- 3 years new. I looked it up an a cmos battery should last 2 to 10 years depending on environment/battery type/current draw from the board and how long the board is turned off. this could be right as my T112 isn’t working all the time and 3 years could be.
    Lieven

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by snoei

quote:

Originally posted by Lieven Dewispelaere

Changing the battery removed all bios settings. For a correct working screen I tried several settings until it works again.

Do you remember which settings you’d changed? i suppose you connected a keyboard and enter the bios settings that way?

Lieven

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Some updates on the white screen problem.
    I took out the SBC PC and the backup battery was dead: 0,8v instead of 3,2V. I replaced the battery and the SBC came back to live but the touch screen still was white although the external screen now worked as expected.I had to make some changes in the BIOS ( because when the backup battery is dead or removed everything is reset to default)
    i had to set the resolution to 800×600 and the screen to LCD/CRT.after saving and restart now the touch screen is working again.
    I still have to re-enter some other settings in the bIOS concerning processor speed and power management: i don’t want the pc go to sleep in the middle off a show. I asked A&H but still waiting for the settings. I tried looking in my R72 bios settings but unfortunately it is PW protected by A&H.

What worries me is the fact that after 3 years the battery had to be replaced( meaning de-solder it from the pc board).
    If someone else can provide the right BIOS settings that would be great because i need the surface Saturday.

Lieven

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

Seems like would be nice to have the board tell us if the battery is getting low… Does it somewhere I have not found?

T112, iDR48, M-DANTE, PL10, MixPad, Editor
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini
    Lion/Logic Pro
    All latest versions/firmware

Profile photo of snoei
    snoei
    Participant

I checked the changes I made on the default bios settings:

1: Display Device: CRT + LCD
    2: Panel Type: 800×600 1Ch LVDS

And like Lieven described, changing these settings should be done with an external screen, because the touchscreen isn’t working before the setting changes.

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

At least the SBC is a simple change for a new part plus you can use a laptop for a workaround should it happen on a show. Been there, done that…

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Thanks guys,

I set up the BIOS settings as snoei suggested and it’s working again. Maybe it was a bad CR2032 backup battery that died too early.

Lieven

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.