Dante mapping ‘disappears’

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Dante mapping ‘disappears’

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Geddy Geddy 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 01soundman
    01soundman
    Participant

I’m hoping I’m just doing something stupid (yeah, I said that…:)) but I am mystified by the following:

System=
    (All on firmware v1.82)
    144 surface
    iDR-32 master (w/port B Ace to connect to slave)
    iDR10 slave (w/port A Ace to connect to master and port B Dante connected to a Mac)

I’m mapping DSP channels sent from the master to the slave to ultimately go out the Dante card to the Mac. I do the mapping (pressing Apply with each setting), verify the outputs are being seen by the Mac that records at the other end of the Dante cable, save the scenes, and save the show. When I reload the show I’ve just saved, the Dante mapping has vanished…

Puleeze tell me I’m doing something wrong.

RayH

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi RayH

Can you please confirm if you are losing the routing from within the iLive system or the routing in the Dante module seen in the Dante Controller software?

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of 01soundman
    01soundman
    Participant

Within iLive. Dante is static. (1-1, 2-2, …., 64-64)

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi RayH

This sounds like a potential Software issue with scenes.

I suggest you contact A&H Technical Support with a detailed explination of your complete show setup, hardware, topology and detail all your routing along with a copy of the show file.

Technical Support with then be able to directly Support you on this issue.

https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/support/Pages/support.aspx

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

Hi RayH,
    just to put a hint as I myself got some trouble when playing with different dante routings in show/scene management.

As far as I understood I/O routing (mix rack, surface, port B) is stored in scene memory. So if you are working with multiple scenes make sure that routing is put to scene safe or stored in every scene as required.

Are all mapping gone or only the ones from master or slave mix rack?

I usually work with iDR48/T112/dante based on v1.83 and all works fine.

br

Gunter

Günter Eisbach
    dL-Recording
    Darmstadt / Germany

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Gunther:
    Sounds like dante controller mapping is getting lost, not console routing.
    Not sure if you know, but til problem is resolved, you can save the dante routing and recall it everytime.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.

Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

Gil,
    RayH postet 08/12: within iLive, Dante is static. So I understand he’s missing his config in iLive after reloading the show.

Dante of course has no automatic recall of the Controller settings. That means you have to reload a saved controller map after starting the network or set it up again. You’ll find good explanations to that in Audinate’s FaQ’s:
    https://www.audinate.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=259#Can%20audio%20routes%20be%20pre-configured%20before%20deploying%20a%20Dante%20network?

Regards

Gunter

Günter Eisbach
    dL-Recording
    Darmstadt / Germany

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.