Scene issue aft changing mixer config. update

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Scene issue aft changing mixer config. update

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of woutert woutert 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

SEE update below

Quite a problem. I had an issue with he scenes in my theatre show when I wanted to change the mixer config. They seemed to load but seemed not to do the same thing as what they did before.

I tried to solve this by importing the scenes from the original show into the new show with the new configuration, but the problem remains.

Mutes were on different channels, routing was different.

Only difference in configuration is that I added one bus, I didn’t remove a bus.

Wouter
    IDR32, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi Wouter,

I haven’t experienced this issue myself, but I would like to dig a little deeper to find out what’s going on.

We need your show file, log files, and which change you made to the mixer configuration. It’s probably best to do this via Technical Support as sending show files and log files can’t easily be done on the forum.

You can contact Support by going to: https://allen-heath.helpserve.com

Then we can investigate your issue further,

Hope that helps,

Andy H

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Thank Andy!!

I’ll send over the show files tonight.
    What I already tested was if it had anything to do with the necessary recall and update for scenes created with version 1.70
    This did not solve the issue yet.

I’ll also send over some screen shots.

Wouter
    IDR32, Dante, Mixpad

Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

Will be interested in this as well. I just changed the mixer config (deleted 2 stereo inputs) in an existing show, and my scenes remained in order. However, if there are certain mix config things that if you change will screw up an existing theater production set of scenes, I would really like to know it! Please keep us informed.

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Sounds weird. I’ve noticed you’d lose all output routing if mixer config is changed with some more or less busses, but input count/config shoudn’t affect scenes for sure.

ddff

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Worked late to reproduce the error and make the screen shots. Off to get some sleep now :-)

Wouter
    IDR32, Dante, Mixpad

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Scene problem due to partial scene safe (which is not indicated on the strip but only visible in the scene safe matrix) combined with the fact that parameters and mix are gone after a mix configuration change. Last settings is not recalled, nor is it possible to actively recall this, thus only a real scene recall can solve this, which doesn’t work for channels where the significant params are scene safe.

So when I recalled a first scene I saw some channels being ok (not scene safe) others that seems not to be put scene safe, not ok, whereas in fact some parameters were set scene safe. This show was created before I was using the scene safe matrix.

Proposal: Also show partial scene safe on the strip (maybe different colour)

I still had a problem that my scenes changed order after updating the mix configuration. Wil try to reproduce that again.

I also did experiment where I tried to import the “last settings” from one show to the other (with the nex mix config). That did not work so far.

I keep experimenting with this :)

Wouter
    IDR32, Dante, Mixpad

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.