headphones output on surface

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions headphones output on surface

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vardges-Sayadyan
    Vardges-Sayadyan
    Participant

Hi everybody

today at sound check time i found that “headphones output on surface” dosnt work.i putch the PAFL out from back panel. how can I check does the output on surface works or no???

T112
    iDR 48 & Madi

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Vardges

is the PAFL meter on the right side of the surface showing any signal level? if so do you have any audio out of the Mixrack headphone port?

Make sure you have a valid mixrack to surface link connected via ACE and not the network ports.

Just to confirm, are trying to listen to the headphones out of the surface headphones socket? or have you assigned PAFL to an output socket on the rear of the surface via PAFL L/R or IEM/Wedge?
    Does PAFL work out of the headphone socket on the surface?
    Does PAFL work out of the assigned output socket on the rear of the surface? Via PAFL/IEM/Wedge?

Regards
    Sam A&H

Vardges-Sayadyan
    Participant

The PAFL meters working, but the headphones out on Mixrak and on Surface dosn’t work.
    I try to assinged PAFL out form rear of the surface and its working normal!’

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Vardges

This is very strange behaviour. I would suggest this to be a software issue as you do not have PAFL at both surface and mixrack. You could try recalling a template show to see if that resolves the issue or to do a Jumper Reset, to do this I suggest you contact A&H technical support who will be able to directly support you on this issue.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

Hi Vardges
    I have one question to ask, only because this happened to me once too. Is it possible that the levels (faders) for the IEM, Mono and Stereo, have been turned down? This will still let the meters on the board show a level, but it doesn’t send the audio out of the headphone (surface or rack) or monitor jacks.

Like I said, I only know because I did it.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Vardges-Sayadyan
    Participant

HI ilivers jan )
    Dear Stealth i have recalled the template show and the hadphones out started working!!!

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

In my previous post, when I talked about the IEM fader, this applies if you have “IEM Mix to Headphones” in the PAFL page set to “on”. Sorry, One minor detail makes a big difference.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Vardges

Sounds like KB7981 had the most feasible reason for you loosong your headphone output. Good that it is working ok now.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.