Mackie Control for editor. Anybody?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Mackie Control for editor. Anybody?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kentlowt kentlowt 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #22879
    Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

    I think that this would be a nice feature to use live as well as in a studio environment. So far, there’s been very little response.

    Since all of todays audio software supports mackie control, I wonder how hard it could be for Allen & Heath to implement this. I suppose it would be a very nice addition to the range of control possibilities.

    Wouter

    #28953
    Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

    or even eucon (as said before):

    EUCON (Extended User Control), a high-speed open control protocol that has been adopted by many of the world’s leading software developers. Pro Tools, Media Composer, Apple Logic, Apple Final Cut Pro, Steinberg Cubase, and many other applications support EUCON™, giving you highly responsive control over almost all software functions. You gain a tightly connected experience in which the control surface acts and feels like a physical extension of your software.

    #28956
    Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

    Yeah Editor direct support of mackie control would be nice for anyone not running Logic – If you are running Logic then all you need is my MC-iLive Logic environment to have comprehensive Midi control of iLive Editor – all level faders, mutes, solos, and pans can be easily recalled and accessed via the Global view and bank keys on the MC. Anyone wanting a copy let me know. It works really well!

    I will also add channel Gain, HPF and polarity control at some stage – I have done a working prototype environment with that working but it will take more time to get that finished.

    Of course the flip side to the request for external Mackie Control support would be for the A&H surfaces to have a Mackie Control emulation Mode – ie power it up in MC mode and use it with your fav studio software!

    Cheers

    Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

    #28959
    Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by Stix

    …Of course the flip side to the request for external Mackie Control support would be for the A&H surfaces to have a Mackie Control emulation Mode – ie power it up in MC mode and use it with your fav studio software!…


    That’s very nice thinking! It would definitely add a lot of value to any control surface.

    Wouter

    #28962
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by woutert

    quote:


    Originally posted by Stix

    …Of course the flip side to the request for external Mackie Control support would be for the A&H surfaces to have a Mackie Control emulation Mode – ie power it up in MC mode and use it with your fav studio software!…


    That’s very nice thinking! It would definitely add a lot of value to any control surface.

    Wouter


    +1

    cheers
    dave

    allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 / idr 48 /dante (i want midi in dante!)

    #28963
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

    Hi All,

    For all computer geeks out there – a workaround on this is using iLive MIDI.

    iLive MIDI protocol uses a lot of NRPN messages which can’t be automatically assigned to parameters in a DAW. However using a converter such as Bome’s MIDI Translator, it’s possible to manually program an iLive-to-standard-MIDI map (and viceversa) or even an iLive-to-HUI map.

    http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator – this is the same software we currently recommend for our GS-R24 recording desk.

    We tried this with a standard MIDI interface and succeded in hooking up a T-112 to Sonar, Reaper, Pro Tools and others.

    Apart from controlling your favourite DAW software, this allows recording automated moves and using a DAW session to automate fader levels, mutes and scene recalls on an iLive.

    I hope this helps,

    Nicola
    A&H

    #28966
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by nicola

    Hi All,

    For all computer geeks out there – a workaround on this is using iLive MIDI.

    iLive MIDI protocol uses a lot of NRPN messages which can’t be automatically assigned to parameters in a DAW. However using a converter such as Bome’s MIDI Translator, it’s possible to manually program an iLive-to-standard-MIDI map (and viceversa) or even an iLive-to-HUI map.

    http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator – this is the same software we currently recommend for our GS-R24 recording desk.

    We tried this with a standard MIDI interface and succeded in hooking up a T-112 to Sonar, Reaper, Pro Tools and others.

    Apart from controlling your favourite DAW software, this allows recording automated moves and using a DAW session to automate fader levels, mutes and scene recalls on an iLive.

    I hope this helps,

    Nicola
    A&H


    hmm
    it would be great if you guys from a&h could supply the presets you made…as a starter.. i am a notorious “preset sharer” my i live basic
    shows are all over here

    cheers
    dave

    allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 / idr 48 /dante (i want midi in dante!)

    #28967
    Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

    Agreed, I was just mixing a Dante recording from Reaper back into my iLive today and it would be great to see those presets to see how to get all that happening…

    Adam Biggs
    iDR32 mixrack
    MixRack for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card

    #28974
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

    quote:


    Originally posted by mumu

    hmm
    it would be great if you guys from a&h could supply the presets you made…as a starter.. i am a notorious “preset sharer” my i live basic
    shows are all over here

    cheers
    dave


    Hi Dave,

    I didn’t go further than a few faders and mute buttons, just to ensure it was a feasible solution. I used the GS-R24 template projects for Bome’s – available on our website – and manually changed the incoming and outcoming MIDI strings. You have to type in the strings as specified in the iLive MIDI Protocol.

    Cheers,

    Nicola

    #28976
    Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

    i ll give it a try thanks

    cheers
    dave

    allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 / idr 48 /dante (i want midi in dante!)

    #28985
    Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by nicola

    …For all computer geeks out there – a workaround on this is using iLive MIDI…

    …iLive-to-standard-MIDI map (and viceversa) or even an iLive-to-HUI map…

    Nicola
    A&H


    Hi Nicola,

    still some thoughts:

    1. iLive MIDI isn’t complete in its functionality. Will this be addressed in a next release? In the standard MIDI (not editor MIDI) we miss the possibility to adjust aux, fx and group mixes. In the editor MIDI there is no, Mix select possible.

    2. Why not implement Standard MIDI as the iLive standard midi map, and offer Mackie Control as an extended option?

    Wouter

    #29305
    Profile photo of andreher
    andreher
    Participant

    iLive MIDI – woutert

    Year Wouter, Nicola …

    i’m a new iLive user (6 month) and i’m disappointed while the MIDI-possibilities are not really interesting for LIVE applications. App’s via i-Pad or i-Phone are only games !
    By YAMAHA (25 years experience) the MIDI parameters are absolutely ALL free available as NRPN.

    andreher, Belgium (idr 48 only with PC-editor)

    #29321
    Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

    I would hardly call the app a game the iphone ap saved my rear the other day when the console lost connection and would not reconnect. The iPads also continued to work so the show when on. That’s what I call a vital piece of gear…

    I will agree with the above posters. There needs to be more commands available.

    112T/IDR48/IDR16

    #29324
    Profile photo of andreher
    andreher
    Participant

    kentlowt
    Of course … and a 250$ laptop with PC-Editor made it even better !
    andreher, Belgium (idr 48 only with PC-editor)

    #29325
    Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

    quote:


    Originally posted by andreher

    kentlowt
    Of course … and a 250$ laptop with PC-Editor made it even better !
    andreher, Belgium (idr 48 only with PC-editor)


    Yup!
    I use them all just in case. Except my laptop cost $850. :(

    112T/IDR48/IDR16

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.