Routing / Copying Channels

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Routing / Copying Channels

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Piehead Piehead 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Piehead
    Piehead
    Participant

Hi,

Slowly getting to grips with things but I have a couple of questions.

1. Within editor, is there away to check the routing of a channel, group, DCA or main? Before I took delivery of the surface I tried to do as much prep as possible. Unfortunately, the groups that I had set up didn’t work and everything went straight to the mains. I can see how to solve that on the surface but what if I wanted to prepare everything before getting to the venue?

1. Is it possible to save the data for a group of channels and recall them? I would like to save all of the channels for a drum kit and recall this. If one of our bands switches drummer it would be good to be able to add the settings for the alternative kit to the scene created for that band.

Thanks [:)]

Piehead

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

hi,

your first question:
    if you press the mix-button at an input channel, you can see the active buses (exclusiv DCA) in the mix channels window.

your second(or first) question:
    yes, it´s possible to store separate channels with every option, like gain, pan…just have a look at the “edit” at the scene menue.

greetings from hamburg

Profile photo of sound
    sound
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Piehead
    1. Within editor, is there away to check the routing of a channel, group, DCA or main?

Click on the MIX button and use the ON/OFF button to select the routing. Don’t forget that by default all channels are routed to the main mix – to get standard group/mains behaviour you have to turn the channel(s) OFF in the main mix and ON in the group mix and the group ON in the main mix.

quote:

1. Is it possible to save the data for a group of channels and recall them?

Yes, store the channels to a scene – make sure that only the channels you want to save/recall are included in that scene using SCENE/EDIT.

Greetings,
    Walter

Profile photo of Piehead
    Piehead
    Participant

That’s great, thanks!

I was so close to getting there with this one but I hadn’t switched the channels off by selecting Mix on the mains.

Piehead.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.