Channels to Auxes but not Mix

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Channels to Auxes but not Mix

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mdsaudio mdsaudio 14 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SkiTV
    SkiTV
    Participant

For recording straight to CD, I regularly use two mics on a small instrumental (brass and winds)ensemble that doesn’t need to be amplified, in addition to choir and electronic instruments that do need amplification. My record mix consists of two auxes, and the sends are Rotary, so the only solution I have been given to getting these two sources to the record mix is to have them Pre-fader and select the Auxes and turn the Rotaries to bring them into the record mix. That’s far more tedious than in the analog world sliding the two faders up – since you can have the channels/strips not assigned to the mix. Am I missing something? Suggestions?

John Cox
    Fuquay-Varina Baptist Church Audio Team
    iLive 112-T/idr48

Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

You can unassign those channels from the foh mix just as you would on an analogue console. You should also do this if you are using sub groups.
    Darren

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.