Patching in

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of millst millst 14 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TCrowe
    TCrowe
    Participant

We are just setting up our I-live T112 for the first time this week and I have a few questions.
    -What is the best way to connect a computer’s sound, maintaining stereo left and right, but still on one fader/channel strip?
    -Can I combine two mix rack inputs to form a single channel strip fader with left/right pan for each microphone?
    -When running the RTA, which should I use to flatten the room, pink noise or white noise? I used white noise earlier today.
    -where do I find a full manual for the T112 and IDR32?
    -can I leave the I-live surface and mixrack on all the time? I mean for the next 10 years or so?

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

-What is the best way to connect a computer’s sound, maintaining stereo left and right, but still on one fader/channel strip?

set up a stereo channel

-Can I combine two mix rack inputs to form a single channel strip fader with left/right pan for each microphone?

not as far as i know but you can use ganging in this case.

-When running the RTA, which should I use to flatten the room, pink noise or white noise? I used white noise earlier today.

– pink noise
    -can I leave the I-live surface and mixrack on all the time? I mean for the next 10 years or so?

we had it running for three weeks in a row this summer why not

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

I would keep an eye on the mix rack temperatures if you leave it on for ten years, just fitted additional forced cooling for my mix rack as it was getting a bit too toasty for my liking. Check the temperatures from the telemetry page in the utilities screen. Also not too good on an ecological front as we are supposed to be going green and saving the planet etc.

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

put the mixrack underwater in a bath of cold ice water and run it off a solar panel on the roof…

It wont overheat and now its also Carbon Neutral! :)[:D][:D][:D]

haaa

Profile photo of TCrowe
    TCrowe
    Participant

Thanks for all your input. I am really excited about using the board. I find it quite amazing what it can do.
    I am nervous however becuase the first time I’ll be using it is during our Grand Opening which is this saturday.
    We are using the Aviom in-ear system too for the first time.

Cheers.

Troy

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

The i-Live is basically a computer, computers tend to fail when you turn them on, so from that perspective, if you could keep it running non stop for the next 10 years, its probably likely that it will out last another i-live that is powered on and off multiple times per day.

Its the constant heating and cooling of the circuits that causes the damage that increases the chances of a failure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.