Touch Screen Stylus?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Touch Screen Stylus?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 14 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Studio42
    Studio42
    Participant

According to how A&H presents it, it sounds like it is as simple as that: buy the right monitor and hook up the VGA and USB from the display and you’re ready to go.

I’m rarely in the same place more than 1 day unless it’s a multi-day event, which is nice because it means I don’t have to load up the truck and have to drive to the next site and do it all again the next day.

If you’re in a fixed location, why not spoil yourself a little bit and provide yourself with a few extra tools to make life a bit easier. Never any harm in that if you can afford it.

Chris Pickett, Studio42 916-601-7089
    https://www.studio42.com
    Allen & Heath ML5000 48B and future iLive T112/IRD48 owner.

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hello All

There are now 2 topics on iLive External Touch Screen compatability so I’ll answer in both.

The software to support the external touch screens from GVision was installed during the normal firmware update procedure, I believe around version V1.20.

This means anyone with an iLive regardless of the Touch screen computer model can make use of the GVision monitors, providing they have the necessary connectors on the back of their surface …..

A small number of early iLive Surfaces were shipped without the 15 pin D-SUB external VGA connector fitted, and these systems obviously can’t use an external touch screen at present.

For these systems there is however a kit which can be ordered through Technical support, which removes the blanking plate and adds the VGA connector and cable. This is probably what svelting is refering to.

For all other iLive-T and iLive consoles which already have the VGA connector on the rear of the surface and who are up to date in terms of firmware, the GVision 15″ should work out of the box.

The 17″ external screen I believe has the X / Y axis inverted and to correct this, when you plug the monitor in, under Utility, you will see an external touch calibration tool, which can be used to correct the axis inversion.

Hope this helps

Andy
    A&H

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

make the buttons in the iLive screen a little bit bigger, than we donĀ“t need a stylus or bigger screens – only our fingers! [:)]

this is the simplest way to become a better operability

(the “bad english-service” from germany)

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.