Assigning groups via Editor software

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Assigning groups via Editor software

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kari Kari 15 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

Just having a play offline and im struggling to figure out how to assign groups via software, could someone point me in the direction i need to be please?

Also having read the (limited) details on the PL6 & PL10 controllers im wondering what the pro’s and con’s are for each one.
    I presume that the PL6 has not got motorised faders so if i were to adjust a DCA on the iLive surface this wouldnt be duplicated automatically on the PL6?

The PL10 i see has rotary faders so i presume this would track any changes and indicate them via the LED segments above each rotary?

cheers
    Graham

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Graham,

You can assign channels to groups just like you would do in an analog way. Make sure setup mode is set to ‘None’. then bring up your ‘mix’ screen. press mix button on your mono or stereo suggroup. Now your input channels will change color. You simply assign channels that you want in the group by set them to ‘on’ on top off the channels. All the channels are by default assigned to L/R. You can unassign the channels that you send to the group and don’t want in you main mix in the same way. Select main left or right. Now you can unselect the channels you don’t need in the main bus.

Hope this helps

this editor is so much more logical and practical then mij yamaha LS9 editor. Live mixing monitors is a dream with the mix buttons.

Lieven

grahamwhite
    Participant

Thanks Lieven,

That was too easy, i dont know why i didnt think of that before.

nice one!

Profile photo of Kari
    Kari
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by grahamwhite

Also having read the (limited) details on the PL6 & PL10 controllers im wondering what the pro’s and con’s are for each one.
    I presume that the PL6 has not got motorised faders so if i were to adjust a DCA on the iLive surface this wouldnt be duplicated automatically on the PL6?

I prefer the PL-10 over PL-6 because if you adjust something from another controller (software, AMX/Crestron, worksurface) you can immediately see the change on the PL-10. On PL-6 you have to move the fader to the new value to “grab” it be for it starts to work properly again. Would be very confusing for an artist in control of his/her monitor mix if the engineer also has his fingers in it. So in my opinion the PL-6 is cool if you only intend to use one controller but the PL-10 is highly recommended if you intend to control the device with more than one controller (Be that an AMX system or a worksurface).

quote:

The PL10 i see has rotary faders so i presume this would track any changes and indicate them via the LED segments above each rotary?

That is correct

grahamwhite
    Participant

Thanks Kari,

Thats what i presumed… you have confirmed it for me.

What would be Really handy is a version of the PL10 with motorised faders!!!

Thanks
    Graham

Profile photo of Kari
    Kari
    Participant

quote:

What would be Really handy is a version of the PL10 with motorised faders!!!

…and a tiny backlit screen for each channel for labeling
    …and a built in headphone amplifier with a XLR input
    …and a robust casing to put it in with Neutrik Ethercon connectors for PL IO, mic stand mountable

I wonder if the iLive has a “paging” function similar to what is on the Digidesign Venue where the muso can press a button and the console lights will blink

So much coolness… so little time…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.