suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of msmelser
    msmelser
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi Msmelser

quote:

It would be hugely beneficial to have some kind of MIX library for use on a monitor console. We’re constantly having to rebuild people’s mixes. The only other option is to save a number of scenes and copy and paste mixes back and forth between scenes. This is quite unwieldy.

Since 1.3 firmware there is the abilty to store complete input channels and mix channel processing that you can recall independantly to each input or mix channel.

or are you requesting the ability to save all of the current send levels to a specific mix? (e.g. Aux 1 – input channels send levels)

Regards
    Sam A&H

I’m requesting the ability to save all of the current send levels to a specific mix.

Profile photo of Tonmike
    Tonmike
    Participant

I’d like to see some changes in the matrix. Could you please change the point, where the main L/R signal is going to the matrix from Post Main EQ to Pre Main EQ? I dont like the Main EQ in the Matrix, cause it has its own.

Could we get the matrix a bit more flexible, so that we can send some channelsignals into, to create quick in ear mixes with maybe the main signal and the singers voice, as a “more me” mix?

Could you please change the function of the link button in the stereo delay to combine the two delaytimes in a absolute or relative way(i’d prefere absolut) instead of creating a monodelay? If I want a monodelay, i’d choose a monodelay in the library.

thx Mike

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

Editor-specific: (multi)touch enabled and optimized version of the editor would be awesome.

Some general enhancements for the editor:

• If you click on a fader, highlight it, because you can move it with arrow up and arrow down as well as Page up and Page down (cool by the way, that comes in handy for subtle laptop mixing.)
    • Also allow the user to use some keyboard combinations to alter the value of selected button and value fields. Not only drag-up and drag-down, because that becomes difficult if you are working near the top or the bottom of the screen. Arrow-left and arrow right for instance would be great. Combined with Control or Shift for quicker movements plus a quick reset combination, maybe? Finding the center on pan-buttons can be painful :-). Changing the value of a selected button with the mousewheel would also be a nice feature!
    • Resizable user interface so you don’t have to use the windows magnify function
    • Make the area where you can click a fader wider (doesn’t need to mean that the fader is visually wider, just the ‘button’ area. Now with touchscreens you have to point really well. Faders are high enough but not wide enough. Select, mute and mix buttons on the other hand could be just a little bit higher to make it easy to select them via touchscreen.
    • In the ganging screen, not only use the channel numbers but also show the channel names please. It would also be sooo nice if at least in this screen the typical SD8 ‘ripple’-function were implemented. Say, start from this channel nr and gang 2,3.4,…channels for instance
    • Allow the channel select screen to be dockable as well. Wouldn’t mind at all if it were fixed width (it’s a bit distracting at times that this screen changes width all the time, depending on the tab you select)
    • In the channel select screen, make the channel name a dropdown of channel nrs and names so you can stay in the channel select screen and you don’t have to go to the fader screens to select another channel.
    • Next to that dropdown of channel names, foresee a back and forth button to quickly change to the previous and the next channel (these are often related, all keys, all vocals nect to each other, hence the wish). Assign a key combination to those back and forth buttons.
    • In the par. EQ tab just put the two versions on the same screen, graphical and parameter version.
    • Next to each tab in the Channel select screen foresee a button area as high as the screen with the functionality to go back to the ‘All’ tab for quick overview (from the ‘all’ tab, you can go to the details by clicking on each section: that is VERY nice but it’s not equally easy to go back, the ‘All’ tab is the smallest tab of all :-), that’s why unfortunately it looses a bit of usefulness, so easily going back to that tab is quite essential)

Just a couple of my wishes. Still working on the scene management functionality though :-)

Wouter
    My prayers have been heard, Dante is coming!

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Would it be possible to provide a feature found on other high profile digital desk. When using many (64 or even more with the dual rack) inputs you use many layers (for example T112 4left bank and some on the middle bank) with inputs. It can be a challenge to quick get to the desired strip. It would be nice that when you press the mix button on a DCA that all the input strips related to that DCA apear on the left and middel bank layers in sequence. lets say all the drum channels or all the brass channels.press again and the regular channels re-apear.So you can fast acces what you need without browsing through layers.their should be some indication to allert that you are in that mode ( DCA LCD blinking). I like blinking lights[:D]. Also in some sort of monitormode you press the mix button for an AUX send and you get only the channels asigned(ON) to that mix instead off 64 inputs spread over many layers.Of course in regular mode you have acces to all the inputs to send to that AUX. Most off the time they only need a limited number of channels in their mix. I hope this makes sence

Lieven

T112/IDR48
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I’m very much with Wouter on the resizing & multitouch stuff in Editor…it’s the only thing stopping me from jumping on board the iLive bus right now (I have to be able to confidently & quickly work with the interface on either a laptop or multitouch PC screen, it’s a bit of an analogue hangover!)!

Profile photo of dschmoldt
    dschmoldt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lieven Dewispelaere

Would it be possible to provide a feature found on other high profile digital desk. When using many (64 or even more with the dual rack) inputs you use many layers (for example T112 4left bank and some on the middle bank) with inputs. It can be a challenge to quick get to the desired strip. It would be nice that when you press the mix button on a DCA that all the input strips related to that DCA apear on the left and middel bank layers in sequence. lets say all the drum channels or all the brass channels.press again and the regular channels re-apear.So you can fast acces what you need without browsing through layers.their should be some indication to allert that you are in that mode ( DCA LCD blinking). I like blinking lights[:D]. Also in some sort of monitormode you press the mix button for an AUX send and you get only the channels asigned(ON) to that mix instead off 64 inputs spread over many layers.Of course in regular mode you have acces to all the inputs to send to that AUX. Most off the time they only need a limited number of channels in their mix. I hope this makes sence

That would be great! Maybe a single touch on the Mix button behaves as it currently does, but a fast double touch brings the members of that DCA (and maybe Aux) to the surface for quick adjusting.

Dave

David Schmoldt

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

Key listen on the dynamics when using the Editor.

Profile photo of lawbass61
    lawbass61
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dschmoldt

quote:

That would be great! Maybe a single touch on the Mix button behaves as it currently does, but a fast double touch brings the members of that DCA (and maybe Aux) to the surface for quick adjusting.

Dave

David Schmoldt

I hadn’t thought about it, but that would be freakin’ fantastic! Please!
    Jon

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by lawbass61

quote:

Originally posted by dschmoldt

quote:

Dave

David Schmoldt

I hadn’t thought about it, but that would be freakin’ fantastic! Please!
    Jon

Jonathan Wade
    Suburban Legend Audio

That would be fantastic!!!

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

the innovason does that (80000 us)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 64 / idr 48 (and soon a dante

Profile photo of Gijsbert
    Gijsbert
    Participant

and the midas xl8 does it as well…

greetings,

gijsbert
    t112/idr32

kentlowt
    Participant

The only issue for me would be using the center bank for channels because some of my dcas overflow into the middle section so it would possibly wipe out my dca unless I moved them all to the right bank or it slid the dca to the right bank if it exists in the middle bank.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

KENTLOW,

That was my initial thought also. But when you go in that special DCA mode the chosen DCA strip could jump to the far right and all the other available strips and layers could be used ( as in Graphic on fader mode). I know it would be a challenge because in theory you can assign all your input channels to one DCA if you then select this DCA mode where would you put all your input strips ( 128 with dual rack) on a T112 or even T80/R72 especially because A&H want the software to be compatible throughout the range.On the other hand who puts all his channels on one DCA? Maybe they can come up with a brilliant idee[;)]. They done it before[:D]

Lieven

T112/IDR48

kentlowt
    Participant

Well actually I do have a DCA that covers the whole band. Our setting is a church setting where during the music the pastor might get up and say a few words having the whole band on a DCA allows me to bring the entire band down some if they happen to be really jamming. It also gives me a “master mute”. Don’t get me wrong it is a great idea one that would really make life easier.

I would think though why limit it to just DCAs? What if you punch up the AUX1 master wouldn’t it be cool if all channels assigned to the AUX1 came up or the FX1 master or a group fader? This would be really handy in the computer software. It would probably be a good idea to be able to turn if off as well and go to a “normal” operating mode.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Kent,

Thats indeed a situation where you assign all minus one to a DCA. On the other hand i suppose you have your instruments divided over several other DCA’s so you would not want to use this DCA with all the inputs on it to make your live easy.[:)] That would be the same as not using this function. If they limit the maximum channels you can assign to a DCA to 64 it should work even on R72. I suppose 12 channels should do the trick for most things. Of course this limitation would only be when you choose to work with this mode. you can use the DCA now as a DCA or as a MUTE group. they could add a third mode to support this ( with the added limitation only for these DCA’s) So you could have the choice and still be able to assign all the inputs to a normal DCA and use the special DCA for subgrouping inputs with the quick access. It would be nice if they could do it .

Lieven

T112/IDR48

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.