suggestions

This topic contains 537 replies, has 136 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KB7981 KB7981 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 526 through 538 (of 538 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

Dear A&H,

Please consider adding EUCON/modern DAW control protocol into the iLive. I know this might not be possible over ACE, or would maybe require booting the console in a separate mode, but I would gladly pay $2k to unlock this ‘feature’ mode, or for a host-control-app that woudl enable this functionality. Dont’ care if the local i/o works, but i’d love to be able to use my surface in the studio for mastering as well.

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

Some new wishes … but before I do, thank you for the stereo channel control stuff in the pre-amps and the new Algorithms for the GEQs and improving the network connectivity for multiple devices.

1. Be able to gang a Stereo Matrix with a Mono Matrix
    2. Side Chain connection between Main and Aux (I use a mono Aux for Subs and it would be nice to keep it together)
    3. Scene settings EDIT – can we get visibility of the surface configuration stuff like PAFL latching, bank linking DCA / Mute group, soft keys. these things are stored in a store All but you can’t add them to a discretely specified Scene config.
    4. Trim on outputs ideally with the Polarity button – which I also love (I know you can have matrices with faders but we don’t have any left :)) and if you are sending the same send to different targets (EG CDR, Computer, & Video record) and need different levels its a bit of a waste of a Bus.
    5. Gain on RTA so that we can get it to a reasonable level on the screen
    6. retrofit labels for the two EQ ranges
    7. the ability to route a Group to effect sends

That’s probably enough for now :)

Hopefully none of them are particularly arduous.

Thanks again for a great product

Duncan Whitcombe
    @Dnxmirrorsounds
    Mirror Sounds & metrochurch
    Perth, Australia
    T112, iDR48x2
    http://www.mirrorsounds.com.au
    http://www.metrochurch.org.au

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Originally posted by whitcodj

1. Be able to gang a Stereo Matrix with a Mono Matrix Yes Please!
    2. Side Chain connection between Main and Aux (I use a mono Aux for Subs and it would be nice to keep it together)Yep That B good!
    3. Scene settings EDIT – can we get visibility of the surface configuration stuff like PAFL latching, bank linking DCA / Mute group, soft keys. these things are stored in a store All but you can’t add them to a discretely specified Scene config.Oh Yeah – I’ve suggested a Scene Preview mode along the same lines so you can edit scene contents – while not the active scene! – Possibly best on Editor though?
    4. Trim on outputs ideally with the Polarity button + 1
    5. Gain on RTA so that we can get it to a reasonable level on the screen Yes! Autogain option?
    6. retrofit labels for the two EQ ranges
    7. the ability to route a Group to effect sends would be handy

That’s probably enough for now :)

A good bunch of suggestions Duncan!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of dnxmirrorsounds
    dnxmirrorsounds
    Participant

Thank you Richard :)

in depth Scene management in the current system would probably work better in something that looks rather like an arrange window or piano roll, but as I was writing that I suddenly wondered about an Object Oriented Scene management system.

I think I saw something somewhere recently talking about how the settings would follow a character whom you could define.

Perhaps where your base scene defines the people and instruments on stage and the settings and somehow you can choose when you edit / save a parameter whether it affects the overall sound of that channel e.g. overall instrument sound, or just for this part of the production.

Maybe a way of having a scene group “Band 1” or “act 1” or whatever and then the option to “Apply channel settings to Scene Group”.

Is the MIDI spec up to a level where scene management could be run from a sequencer?

Duncan Whitcombe
    @Dnxmirrorsounds
    Mirror Sounds & metrochurch
    Perth, Australia
    T112, iDR48x2
    http://www.mirrorsounds.com.au
    http://www.metrochurch.org.au

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by whitcodj

Thank you Richard :)
    Is the MIDI spec up to a level where scene management could be run from a sequencer?

Only scene recalls are available via MIDI

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of pngaudioguy
    pngaudioguy
    Participant

Brand new to the A&H iLive system, but 15 years doing pro audio. I just hooked up my new IDR-32 to the MixPad on iPad today, all at v1.9 (despite the sticker on the IDR indicating 1.83…) and without even taking it to a gig, I have one quick observation that would make using the MixPad app much more convenient – unless I’m just an idiot and this is already somewhere [:I]

It would be great if pushing the spot in the top right corner where it shows which mix is active pulled up a selection box where you could pick which output (Aux 1, etc) you want to have active on the faders. As far as I can tell, the only way to select a different mix is to switch to the Mix faders and double-click on the one you want to mix. I don’t change the master levels to monitors all that often, so having these on my Custom layer doesn’t make sense to me.

I’d also love it if there was more complete control via either MIDI or OSC (preferably OSC) to include EQ’s, comps, gates, meters, etc. I have a Lemur template I’ve spent a good amount of time building for Yamaha consoles that I find works better for my brain than this app, and I’d love to be able to change some variables and have full control of the IDR with that interface…

Profile photo of Jan-Boehm
    Jan-Boehm
    Participant

Simple scene protection via the surface without PC or Mac…, just the possibility to have a scene nobody can work on (eg. a default setup…)

http://www.renitenztheater.de

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by pngaudioguy

..It would be great if pushing the spot in the top right corner where it shows which mix is active pulled up a selection box where you could pick which output (Aux 1, etc) you want to have active on the faders….

+1 agree!

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of pngaudioguy
    pngaudioguy
    Participant

After a few weeks of using the Mixpad app, I think another great addition would be to slim down the faders a tiny bit (not the controllable area, but the screen space that they take up) so that the softkeys could be added to the left side. Softkeys are available in the editor, and would be a nice addition to the app.

For instance, the blue highlight for selected channel could be moved up next to the On toggle, and the DCA/Safe indicators could be moved to the same side as the L/C/G indicators. Then each strip could be made ever so slightly narrower to allow for adding a row of softkeys down the left side. (The “Allen&Heath” and “iLive Mixpad” text would have to be adjusted, as well, of course.)

Granted this would be a fairly major visual overhaul, as every channel setup window would need to be horizontally compressed a little as well, but it looks like there’s plenty of room. I think the softkeys wouldn’t need to be any more than about half the width of the primary selectors on the right side to be useful, so that gradient strip on the left only needs to double. Might actually have to make the controllable area of each fader strip wider to stick with the 8 on screen model…

CS

iDR-32

Profile photo of simonstpauli
    simonstpauli
    Participant

Can we have a console lock screen that leaves one fader operational? So that anybody can control walk in music level for instance.

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by simonstpauli

Can we have a console lock screen that leaves one fader operational? So that anybody can control walk in music level for instance.

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Console lock + iTweak is the best current solution to this

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College
    https://dimmercheck.blogspot.com

Profile photo of Jan-Boehm
    Jan-Boehm
    Participant

Just a simple PEAK HOLD function, that must be standart on every desk!

http://www.renitenztheater.de

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by simonstpauli

Christian Tepfer
    Hamburg, Germany

Why couldn’t you create a scene that only changes the layout and has only the walk in channel showing? Then have another scene to recall the layout that you would normally work with.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Viewing 13 posts - 526 through 538 (of 538 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.