A list of suggestions

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions A list of suggestions

This topic contains 25 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Baylink Baylink 6 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

What a great desk! One suggestion is that when a channel fader is moved it automatically ‘selects’ that channel

this should be a preference to deactivate it if not needed or wanted

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

@Brandon
    thats not true, M32 and X32 have the Comp post EQ as default

but it would be better if the order of the processing would be changeable

Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon
    Participant

As default yes. But when everything is set pre, you can go to compressor and press “pre” to change where it is in the signal path, as I had already stated.

Profile photo of Tele'
    Tele’
    Participant

Pardon me but how do you add a suggestion to this list? I can’t seem to locate any sort of suggestion for that!

Profile photo of Tele'
    Tele’
    Participant

Ok! I get it! What a dumb question, right?

Here’s what I was intending to post.

Are there any future plans to make a SQ-7 32 channel or even a SQ-9 48 channel model? I would like to purchase a 32 or 48 channel mixer (or even a 64 channel for that matter) that I can access without the need to select a different layer. Having it work with a DAW besides being a live console would really fit the bill for me.

I currently own a Midas M32 with a DANTE card but it won’t work as a 32 channel automation mixer. It will only perform 8 channels in DAW mode which is really a shame.

Profile photo of Johan Velthuis
    Johan Velthuis
    Participant

I agree one should be able to send the post-compressor signal to the auxes.
    If you don’t use the channel delay, you could set the Aux Send Settings to Post Delay, which gives you post channel compression to the AUX.

If I’m using channel delay in a semi-acoustic setup, I don’t want that delay on the monitors. So I would like to have and extra Aux Send Setting of Post Compressor

Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon
    Participant

Along with that I don’t want my chance eq affect my wedges either. Just hpf gate and compressor. And preamp of course. My presonus did this out of the box.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

You don’t want EQ sent to the monitor but you do want compression?

I have never heard of that.

<s>I seriously doubt the Presonus EQ did not affect the aux/wedge mix.</s>

Well for the original Studio Live:
    I’m wrong and right; the insert point for prefade is post gate, pre compressor/eq. The insert point for postfade is after everything.

https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/pdf/StudioLive2442-1642_OwnersManual_EN3.pdf

Other models I’m not sure.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon
    Participant

You already have 4 band parametric on every output and graphics… why would I want my front of house channel eq affecting my wedges?? And yes the presonus was post hpf gate and comp. pre eq. The way every console is. In fact unless you didn’t mod the consoles… near every single anaolog console had the insert point before the eq giving you the same feature. My wedges are set for the night with output eqs, last thing I want is for them to change while I’m mixing FOH! So having guitars, keys, bass and so on compressed is absolutely essential. Unless you soft patch all of your channels and run your mixes post, then this isn’t possible which is a huge down side.

Profile photo of Gyuri
    Gyuri
    Participant

I totally agree. A pre or post compression / eq is a quite different approach of the channel / overall sound. Please A&H, integrate that option in one of your following updates

Profile photo of Baylink
    Baylink
    Participant

A more useful thing is Sel Follows Cue, IMO.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.