ZEDR16 with RME DIGIFACE USB

Forums Forums Other A&H products ZEDR16 with RME DIGIFACE USB

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of FrankM
    FrankM
    Participant

Hello Support,

first of all the ZEDR16 is working with USB3 and thunderbolt on Windows 10. I wanted a little more reliable solution and keep the ZEDR16 and bought the rme interface. I get the channels into my DAW but not into the mixer and to phone and speakers.

There is no master channel in the daw just 1-32 in and outs. Any trick what I have to do, that the signal goes into the daw after EQ, no inserts and back into the stereo mix out. So I can user plugins.

With the thunderbolt firewire adapter it was no problem, the only trick was to make a new start in windows and no shut down, before you open the daw.

The benefit is also, that the performance need is very low, compared to the thunderbolt firewire interface.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@frankm

There is no stereo master send/return when using ADAT, as ADAT is 8 channels max, and these are used for the 16 input channel send/returns.
    You can see this here – https://www.allen-heath.com/content/uploads/2023/07/AP7236-ISS-3_ZED_R16_USER_GUIDE_colour.pdf#page=25&zoom=auto,-214,603
    (and is listed on page 24).

So if I’m understanding you correctly, you would need to use two of the input channels (e.g. 15/16) as the stereo return from your DAW.
    If you set up the ADAT for one of the inline routing options on the R16, you would still be able to get all 16 inputs into your DAW separately – you’d just need to remember that two of the faders are controlling the DAW stereo return.

If you need more help with this, you can contact us directly through support.allen-heath.com

Cheers!
    Keith.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.