Zedi – post eq record source

Forums Forums Other A&H products Zedi – post eq record source

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tahiche Tahiche 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tahiche
    Tahiche
    Participant

Hi,
    In the Zedi block diagram , regarding to usb recording it states “Record source – default pre eq”.
    By “default” it’s understood that it can be changed to post eq yet it doesn’t explain how.
    Is it a physical jumper?. Does the mixer have to be opened and is it difficult or is there spdanger of damaging the Zedi?.
    I want to change it but not too confident about opening up the thing…
    Thanks!.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Tahiche
    Tahiche
    Participant

No one?.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @tahiche,

This is a design feature that allows the choice of pre/post EQ send to USB to be made without removal of components nor the addition of cabling.
    It does involve near complete disassembly and soldering though, and should only be carried out by a qualified and experienced technician.
    Whilst under warranty, it should also only be carried out by an authorised service centre.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Tahiche
    Tahiche
    Participant

Ouch!. That’s a big fat NO.
    Thanks for the clarification, I think the manual is misleading, I guess dismantling and soldering you could also bypass the eq altogether or do all sort of things…
    I guess I can do it using the L+R output recording. But that requires some routing magic to monitor and only record what you want. Will give it a try.
    Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.