Windows & Android Support

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Windows & Android Support

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 55 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of NigelMcQ NigelMcQ 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Hmmmm works for me…

Try googling for:

Android Void: The Most Popular Mobile OS Has No Pro Audio Applications

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant
    Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

^Interesting article^ 🙂

Profile photo of Pete
    Pete
    Participant

I don’t actually want to use an Andoid device to process recordings, just to be able to manipulate the controls of the mixer remotely. So surely the latency issue that affects sound processing etc is not an issue here.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

It’s not, but it is why most audio companies have no android in house talent… it’s a limited scenario, and there are about eleventy million devices to test…

OTOH there is already an android app that does this quite well, it’s nowhere near as polished or featured as the A&H iOS app yet, but it’s in development…

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
    Profile photo of tomos
    tomos
    Participant

Android +1
    Windows +1

Profile photo of tomos
    tomos
    Participant

I read alot about Android and pro audio world. All the time they said I/O latency, but i don’t want to make tracks with Android, i’m live engineer i just want to control mixer, nothing else. I know that insde ILive, GLD and QU mixers run Linux (some distribution).

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Please give these requests a break. Let A&H work on the mixers firmware. At the end it is a live mixer. And there is still a lot of detail work there to do.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

it’s a live mixer – having it work with the kit that’s out there is kind of the point.

qu-pad is probably too far, but qu-you on android/winpho is a relatively small development for the MAJORITY who don’t pay the apple tax, instead preferring good value hardware…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I understood “windows” in this sugestion as further windows DAW integration. Before that I would prefer a lot of small stuff that has been suggested here.
    And yes, now that there is a Qu-you, wanting the same app for android seems reasonable…

As for yhe Qu-Pad, I bought a used iPad for 100€. It works, I use it solely for mixing. I don’t see any need for an android app for this purpose.
    Now, if you want your band mates to set their own mixes, yes, they will now feel racially discriminated because they don’t belong to the bitten apple.

I just wish we could give these requests for features that far from live mixing a little break of let’s say like three years so A&H can work on bettering the mixer in the mean time.

No offense explicitly intended 🙂

SteffenR
    Participant

Please give these requests a break. Let A&H work on the mixers firmware. At the end it is a live mixer. And there is still a lot of detail work there to do.

Of course not, we request Android support for control apps of the A&H products since 4 years now, so the waiting time should be over, and it is possible to program apps for Android, see my last post.

I just wish we could give these requests for features that far from live mixing a little break of let’s say like three years so A&H can work on bettering the mixer in the mean time.

The features are not far from live mixing… and btw A&H says: “Compact digital mixers for live, studio and installation”
    So it is ok to request support for the most used OS families (Windows and Android) world wide…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

and btw A&H says: “Compact digital mixers for live, studio and installation

Ok, that’s an argument. I probably will then have to mobilize my own mob to get the rest of the small stuff I need.
    At least as long as there is no other mixer with the direct USB multitrack recording feature.

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Ok,

I’ve got a question, why not just use an iOS device?

An iPad isn’t very expensive…and considering the advantages in stable usable applications already running…

Just sayin,

SteffenR
    Participant

Because sometimes someone want’s no apple device
    isn’t it that hard to understand?

and iPads are expensive compared with some android devices

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.