Who are we…

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Who are we…

This topic contains 19 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of buzzfry
    buzzfry
    Participant

hey all I want to say man I wish I could do what you guys do for a living. im 54 and a Drummer (please don’t hold that against me LOL) I have always been in the back ground while the sound guys sat in the crowd playing with the mixing board. about 3 years ago I got the recording bug . I have always wanted a Roland VS-2480 But settled for a VS-2400cd instead I know it was yes if anything outdated. old. big ect but I loved the thing . I gave 500.00 bucks for it and then spent another 200.00 on a UA compressor bundle the LA2A and the other one sorry the name escape’s what’s left of my mind. anyway I had it 3 months and turned it on one day and I wouldn’t record sound or playback sound anymore needless to say after spending another 100.00 shipping Roland told me it needed a main board and for 1000.00 They would fix it . NO I DONT THINK SO . I got it back and sold the fx cards and the UA stuff and got back some of my money . I still have the VS-2400 upstairs waiting for the day I buy a boat then I can use it for an anchor . after my dreams of recording on the machine of my dreams went to crap I decided to invest into some software. well I got some free software from presonus when I bought some studio monitors so I decided to check it out BINGO I was hooked the DAW was my new best friend . I went from a ZOOM r16 interface to a Personus studio live 16.0.2 I just sold the 16.0.2 so I could buy my A&H QU-16 im getting it this week . IM hooked I have been recording my band and having a blast learning all the EQ tricks and compressors delays reverbs ECT. my wife of 28 years don’t get it . I spend most of my free time watching videos and playing with my equipment . IM sick and I know it . I would give anything to be able to this sound thing fulltime Lucky you guys . I have worked in the Auto repair industry for 30+ years till 5 years ago when I Shut down a shop I owned for 7 years due to our economy falling on its face back then . Keep on rocking you guys I love reading all these post you can check out my band recordings still a bit amateurish but getting better at http://www.drumtraxx.com on the band demo page . Thanks for listening to me ramble on . Just call me a dreamer

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Luke…I am your father.

Profile photo of fxk
    fxk
    Participant

We are the champions. We are the champions!

Profile photo of timhum
    timhum
    Participant

I have been a location sound mixer for TV for 40+ years. A friend introduced me to a Big Band playing once a month in West London and after a while I started operating their PA. The band’s PA was inadequate so I bought the QU16, the first digital desk I have owned, and some active speakers.
    Elsewhere on this Forum you may find that I am having a bit of trouble with the room, the loudness of the band (103dB on my noise meter) and a vocalist who struggles to hear herself and the audience only hears if they are sitting near a FOH speaker.

My Son plays in a couple of bands and composes, Wife and Daughter both teach and are active musicians also. I play with the faders and try to produce a musical result.

In spite of the above I enjoy working with musicians and conveying the result to an audience. I appreciate I have much to learn and find that is stimulating. The show must go on – even when someone spills beer down the mixer and horrible noises and smoke emerge from the speakers! A previous mixer thank goodness, I spotted the QU16 when shopping for a direct replacement to the Mackie I was using on the fateful night and could not resist taking it home.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Qu16, you have enough outputs to provide in ear mixes…

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.