USB streaming stops after a period of time – MAC

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting USB streaming stops after a period of time – MAC

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Audioguy140 Audioguy140 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Orlando
    Orlando
    Participant

Hi all. I just received a CQ-12T and everything is working like it should except for the USB stream from my MAC. It works for a period of time and then stops. It doesn’t matter whether the mixer is in stereo/multi stream or 48/96khz. It happens multiple times throughout the day and I found a workaround but am wondering if the A&H team has seen this issue.

My workaround is to change the sample rate or stream mode in the config page and then change it back to where it was before. That gets the USB connection to work again for a period of time (hour to multiple hours) before the USB stream becomes unresponsive again. It got me twice today while trying to connect on Riverside.FM to record podcasting clients.

I’ve managed to repeat both the problem and the workaround but I’m perplexed by why it’s happening. The SQ5, ZEDi, and Apogee Symphony don’t exhibit this behavior so it is isolated to the CQ. I’ve taken a video of the issue and the workaround that can be seen here: https://share.icloud.com/photos/07dKV0Iqr_ygQID7dtRJ4brIQ

Would love some help troubleshooting. Also, it was a blast seeing the A&H booth at NAMM last week!

Profile photo of DennisVA
    DennisVA
    Participant

I have the exact same issue. For me, I notice it when I stream sound/music from different apps on my Mac (Sonoma 14.2.1), like when I switch from my browser YouTube or SoundCloud to Spotify or Apple Music. Then, I experience the same thing as you and found the same workaround, which gives a workable, but temporary solution.

So I’m tagging along to this post, to hopefully find a solution.

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @Orlando,

We would certainly like to look into this, please submit a ticket to Support@allen-heath.com
    If you could please share your video with us through that channel, we will be happy to troubleshoot this with you.

@DennisVA has already submitted a ticket and we will work on this with him through there.

Cheers,
    Rafael

Profile photo of Orlando
    Orlando
    Participant

Thanks but i returned the CQ12T. I decided to just use the SQ5 that works perfectly every time. I don’t really have time to track down software bugs.

Profile photo of Audioguy140
    Audioguy140
    Participant

Same issue. I hope Allen & Heath take this one seriously and fixes the problem without the cookie cutter responses “is the mixer powered on”, “is the usb cable plugged in”, “is your mac up to date”.

Rafael A&H

Hello Audioguy,

While troubleshooting with users, we will certainly assume that the mixer is powered on and the USB cable being plugged in, however, other questions cannot be left to assumptions and are necessary for us to spot or narrow down possible causes, such as knowing the operative system and Firmware versions.

If you would like to get in touch with us for assistance, you are welcome to reach out at: Support@allen-heath.com

Thank you,
    Rafael

Profile photo of nevio
    nevio
    Participant

Hello,
    I have the same problem (CQ 12 T). It happened to me with two different computers: iMac 2023 and MacBook Pro 2018, both with updated operating system (Sonoma 14.3.1) (the two computers obviously have different processors). And it happens to me both with Logic Pro and with Audition and with any other sound source (Qobuz, Youtube, etc.). All parameters are configured as written in the Guide (Sample Rate, etc.). When this happens, the software I’m using crashes. Similarly, it blocks the QC from turning off if I use the Shut Down button (it stops the image that usually spins). The firmware version is 1.1.1 (r3684). I’ve noticed that the problem mostly pops up when I change the listening mode: if I switch back to using CQ after switching to the internal speakers or WiFi speakers, I don’t hear any sound. I have to turn the mixer off and on again to get it working again. I wrote emails to support.

Nevio

Rafael A&H

Hello @nevio,

We have received your enquiry at the A&H Support system, one of us in the department will get back to you shortly!

Thank you,
    Rafael

Profile photo of dreamsoundaudio
    dreamsoundaudio
    Participant

Just sent one myself. Same troubles.

Profile photo of Audioguy140
    Audioguy140
    Participant

Here is some info:
    CQ-12T FW version 1.1.1 r3684

Mac Info:
    Processor 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
    Memory 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Mac OS 13.3.1 (22E261)

Let me know what logs you need. This is not a user error issue.

I see this issue daily with in about 45 minutes randomly.

I have submitted an email to support as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.