USB Stereo Record and Playback Meters not showing correct Channels.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting USB Stereo Record and Playback Meters not showing correct Channels.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DaveyG DaveyG 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DaveyG
    DaveyG
    Participant

Hi.

I have an SQ5 and for some reason the USB Stereo Record and Playback Meters are both showing as Channels 1 & 2 instead of Main L/R and USB. They were correct a couple of weeks ago so I guess I must have inadvertently changed something.
    Any ideas?

Dave

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Check the USB in the patching menu.

Keep in mind the patches are part of a scene save / recall unless it is blocked.

Profile photo of DaveyG
    DaveyG
    Participant

Hi Mike C

Thankyou for pointing me in the direction of patching as this is where the issue is.

I had loaded the Factory USB patching from the Library which patched USB inputs 1-24 to Channels 1-24 in order to play back a Multi-channel recording from a USB stick. I then selected playback of a Stereo recording from the same USB stick and found the L/R was playing through Channels 1 and 2 rather than the USB 1/2 channel.

After loading the Factory Local patching the Stereo Playback worked correctly through the USB 1/2 channel. When I looked at the USB tab, inputs 1 and 2 were patched to the USB L/R channel. The same when loading the Factory SLink patching.

In a live situation this issue would not happen because I’d be taking inputs from Local sockets or over SLink and using the USB playback for eg. background music. Lesson learned 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.