USB Multi-Track Recording

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions USB Multi-Track Recording

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Hi Folks,

Just wondering when using a AB168 stage box and recording multi-track to USB, do you have to patch the USB source to be able to capture audio or does it just record the same as if you were using the QU without a digital stage box?

I recently purchased a Samsung T5 1gb SSD drive for the purpose of recording multi track for a keyboard player who is joining us on a couple of shows, I have done multi track recording before on both my QU-16 and QU-SB, but using a conventional HDD. Always worked a treat, but the SSD drive is tiny in comparison and takes up very little space in my flight case.

But upon using it for the first time last week I returned home, loaded up logic on my mac and there was no recording! Bummer……..

So just to double check that the SSD drive was in fact compatible, I set up my QU-SB in the house without the stage box and just plugged a mic into one of the channels and hit record on the multi track option, no problems with that.

Look forward to your replies……

🙂

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

As long as you have the channel sources set to come from the dSnake (you can designate Local, dSnake or USB), and the channel routing for the Qu-drive is set correctly, they should record to a compatible USB drive.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

All channels are set to dsnake as that is what I use, I will need to look at the QU-Drive routing as it is set to factory as I have never needed to change it. only recently taking hold of a AB168 has this changed the way I work.

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Q-Drive and USB out are not the same. Q-Drive uses the top panl USBA port. USB out is a USB B port on the back. As far as I now the Qus will not record direct to a USB drive form the USB B port; you need a computer in between. There is no drive management software in the Qu except for flashdrives in the top panel.

Read your manual to be sure!
    “USB B Streaming – Connect an Apple® Mac or Windows® PC computer to the rear panel USB B port to stream up to 32 channels of audio in both directions and send MIDI messages.”

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Lets start again, if I do any recording of my band or any band that I do PA hire for I record multitrack from the QU-drive, not the USB on the rear. Always worked fine until I recently bought an AB168. So now nothing gets recorded, so do I need to route the QU-drive to the AB168 or is that not possible?

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Adding AB168 to my Qu did not change the recording behavior at all.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Okay, will see what tomorrow nights show brings when I record in the sound check.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.